This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I may be on national TV!

for the last two weeks we've had some people in the lab for a project being done for one of the national news programs(one of those "how safe is your food" things). Today they realized that they hadn't gotten any footage of us working, so they spent about 20 minutes filming us. I'm milling about in the background in unfortunately 90% of it(they kept filming in places I needed to be in).

so yay!

And un-yay, I never want to touch the stuff we were testing, neither does anyone else in the lab-almost everything was contaminated in some manner , and this was "randomly bought from random stores" stuff.
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

huh. too bad I don't watch television. I figure that since I don't usually suck on boxtops or lipgloss lids, that I'm good with the germ thing.
    Eggs on the other hand... and don't get me started on the dairy case! urgh!
    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

Which show? when? is there or will there be a link to maybe watch it online?
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
        ... I'm milling about in the background in unfortunately 90% of it(they kept filming in places I needed to be in).

...:
        So long as the show isn't "To Catch A Predator", you'll be fine.
        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post

I wanna see, too!
          "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
          "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
          Amayis is my wifey

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
            you can have a over there...... 0_0

and due to confidentiality agreements I can't say the program....but I can say it's one that runs for an hour
            Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

And un-yay, I never want to touch the stuff we were testing, neither does anyone else in the lab-almost everything was contaminated in some manner , and this was "randomly bought from random stores" stuff.
              Here's the catch, you say everything was contaminated in some manner. But what was contaminated and with what. A lot of times the contamination is just the packaging itself and usually contaminated with something that would take quantities to look like the blob that ate New York to be dangerous.
              I AM the evil bastard!
              A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                But what was contaminated and with what. A lot of times the contamination is just the packaging itself and usually contaminated with something that would take quantities to look like the blob that ate New York to be dangerous.
                I work in a microbiology food testing laboratory-we don't test packaging-we remove the product from the packaging prior to testing.

If interested in boring yourself to death-these are the processes we and all other labs use referred to as USDA/BAM.

and you don't need huge quantities of what we found to make you sick.

we found:
                Staphylococcus aureus
                salmonella
                listeria monocytogenes
                fecal coliforms
                and TONS of
                Yersinia enterocolitica

so yeah nasty stuff.

Comment

An hour, 60 minutes, 3600 seconds, 1/24th of a day. Cool
                  Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

I work in a microbiology food testing laboratory-we don't test packaging-we remove the product from the packaging prior to testing.

If interested in boring yourself to death-these are the processes we and all other labs use referred to as USDA/BAM.

and you don't need huge quantities of what we found to make you sick.

we found:
                    Staphylococcus aureus
                    salmonella
                    listeria monocytogenes
                    fecal coliforms
                    and TONS of
                    Yersinia enterocolitica

so yeah nasty stuff.
                    I try very hard to not think of what could be in my food. I think that everything is contaminated and worry about something else otherwise I would be under the bed hiding from the world.

We have the 5 second rule in my house even though we all know that the 5 second rule is no safer than if the food sat on the floor for an hour with everyone in the house walking on it and then eating it.
                    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
                      I try very hard to not think of what could be in my food. I think that everything is contaminated and worry about something else otherwise I would be under the bed hiding from the world.
                      see the good thing is all of those little nasties don't like heat, cook food properly, and don't cross contaminate(use different clean plates for raw and cooked food, separate cutting boards, or wash with soap and hot water between items), and you're good. sadly people have a tendency to be lazy and ignore common sense.

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
                      We have the 5 second rule in my house even though we all know that the 5 second rule is no safer than if the food sat on the floor for an hour with everyone in the house walking on it and then eating it.
                      meh, the stuff one finds on the floors in an average household is rather benign, and not in large enough quantities to cause illness. heck the lab floors are 99.9% free of harmful bacteria, and we work with this stuff all day, every day and mop once a week, spot mop if we spill(so pretty much the same as most average people do). So I don't think you or your family is in any immediate danger

Comment

Working...
                      X