This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox games

So a friend found an xbox (the original not a 360. ) when he moved into his currently place and he gave it too me. It was missing the cord that connects it to the tv so my dad bought me one on amazon.com. Yay dad! And it came today. So the xbox now works.
    Now. My question is: anyone have any game recommendations?
    I've only played RPGs (on the computer) and recently played Resident Evil 5. But I wanna try all sorts of things. Plus I wanna get good enough that I can keep up with the boyfriend when I play xbox with him.
    Thanks in advance.
    Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
    Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Mass Effect 1 and 2. Dragon Age 1 and 2. And pretty much anything else by Bioware who makes the best games on the planet.

Fable 1, 2, 3.

Comment

I just fixed up an original Xbox - made one working out of two.

I picked up the original Burnout - it's entertaining, for a short while, and some of the crashes are hilarious.

I've also purchased Jade Empire, have to give that a spin when college is out in a couple of weeks. It's supposed to be a good RPG - it's made by BioWare, so it can't be bad...

That's all I got - anyone else?

Comment

Jade Empire is good. Also the Knights of the Old Republic games, if you can find them. I liked the Max Payne games too, but I've always been a sucker for noir-esqe settings. Panzer Dragoon Orta is a fun shooter with actual plot--plus you get to ride a Dragon.

I'll have to look at my old games to see if I can come up with some more.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Moirae
          Mass Effect 1 and 2. Dragon Age 1 and 2. And pretty much anything else by Bioware who makes the best games on the planet.

Fable 1, 2, 3.
          Bioware sounds familiar. I probably heard my ex mention it. Or possibly my boyfriend. Both are gamers so either is just as likely.

Boyfriend mentioned Fable.

Quoth RichS
          I just fixed up an original Xbox - made one working out of two.

I picked up the original Burnout - it's entertaining, for a short while, and some of the crashes are hilarious.

I've also purchased Jade Empire, have to give that a spin when college is out in a couple of weeks. It's supposed to be a good RPG - it's made by BioWare, so it can't be bad...

That's all I got - anyone else?
          Yay for RPGs!

Quoth Geek King
          Jade Empire is good. Also the Knights of the Old Republic games, if you can find them. I liked the Max Payne games too, but I've always been a sucker for noir-esqe settings. Panzer Dragoon Orta is a fun shooter with actual plot--plus you get to ride a Dragon.

I'll have to look at my old games to see if I can come up with some more.
          Star Wars? Yay! Max Payne sounds cool (I saw the movie... And I'm aware it may be drastically different).

Dragons? Riding a Dragon? *big grin*

Comment

'MechAssault (1 or 2) if you like big stompy robots blasting things.

Comment

Halo, Halo & more Halo...lol.

Comment

Quoth Salted Grump
                Gotta look that up.

Quoth Bright_Star
                Halo, Halo & more Halo...lol.
                Yus! Boyfriend also mentioned that one.

Comment

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
                  As a Mechwarrior fan (and player) I'm highly tempted to hit you for that one

Mercenaries is a good fun game, which encourages you to blow lots of things up.

Maybe Gladius too, its a sort of RPG where you have to build up a school of Gladiators to fight in arenas.

Panzer Dragoon Orta is fun, you get to fly on and fight with a dragon.

Kingdom under Fire (Heroes/Crusaders) are two decent games that mix RTS and hack & slash.
                  Last edited by RayvenQ; 05-29-2011, 10:19 AM.
                  I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Quoth RayvenQ View Post
                    As a Mechwarrior fan (and player) I'm highly tempted to hit you for that one
                    3025, 3050, 3065, or Dork Age?

I'm just waiting for Harmony Gold to Lose so we can FINALLY get Mechwarrior 5.

Comment

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
                      3025, 3050, 3065, or Dork Age?

I'm just waiting for Harmony Gold to Lose so we can FINALLY get Mechwarrior 5.
                      Vengeance & Mercenaries FTW, albeit I loved 2 as well.
                      I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Conker: Live and Reloaded

Basically an Xbox remake of the N64 classic, but still fun.

Comment

Working...
                        X