This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am back and alive!

I has surgery on Monday and spent two days of pain and suffering in what I can only consider hell is like.

First, my IVs were in wrong on both arms and if you looked at my arms you would think I had been in a severe fight with "Ninja Pirates" (which was thought up by daughter's friend to explain any injury I may get) and you should see how the "Ninja Pirates" turned out. It does look like I have burned veins right now. My family is pissed all to hell and back and the big guy wanted to go the hospital and tell them why one does not hurt his mother. I convinced him to stay by telling him I would let him take pictures and document it.

My little guy reminded me yesterday that when I was in the recovery room I could have sworn I was "Alice in Wonderland" and laughed at the nurses thinking they weren't real and trying to find that damn "White Rabbit".

I am sent to my hospital room with no pain medications even though I was suppose to be hook up to a Morphine drip. My nurses were pissed off at the person who sent me up without one. On Tuesday, I was given pain medication but it was not nearly enough. I scared my family because I was crying with so much pain going on and they know if I am crying there is a damn good reason for it, since the children hardly ever see me cry I finally got the right medication on Wednesday.

On Wednesday, a physicians assistant walks in and rips off my back brace with out so much as " by your elbow" Once again, pain racks my body and I try so hard to keep from crying it was not even funny. She didn't understand why I was fighting the urge to rip out the ole flamethrower.

I was on the surgical floor, but two doors down from an old woman who screamed, and I do mean screamed every two seconds even though she wasn't there for pain or surgery. I have no idea why she was on my floor. I would be almost asleep when she was start in again. Maybe she was screaming at the hospital ghosties.

I have to wear a back brace and use a walker if I want to walk around. My little guy thinks I look like a storm trooper from Star Wars with it on. I joked with the big guy he could just pick me up like a 6 pack and carry me in that way. He thought that was funny. I joked with Mr. Mis that I'm going to get a huge horn on my walker to beep at people when I am out.

The night before I went into the hospital I wrote four letters to my four family members to read if I died. They were only meant to be opened in the event of my death so they remain sealed.

Mr. Mis told me Ethan (our resident ghostie) was pacing back and forth beside my side of the bed and the hallway like Ethan was looking for me. It is nice to be missed by not only the living but the dead.

I came home to a completely cleaned house and things moved out of the way so I can walk around with my walker. My family hardly left my side yesterday and helped me out a lot.

Thank you guys for the encouragement and thank God for Morphine. I kid, I thank God for you guys and your thoughts and prayers. You didn't really think you could all get rid of me that easily did you?
    Last edited by Misanthropical; 05-28-2011, 10:59 AM.
    Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Yay, you're back! And for your back too
    Really glad the operation was successful even though some of the staff were inept. You have the best family, they sound wonderful! What about a walker-mounted flamethrower?
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

My home is filled with the love that my family have for each other. My kid's friends all want me to adopt them.

I do like the idea of a walker mounted flame thrower. I can put it next to the horn.

Comment

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
        I do like the idea of a walker mounted flame thrower. I can put it next to the horn.
        Maybe a rocket launcher on the other side?

A loving family is the best blessing anyone could have.

All my best for a speedy and thorough recovery!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Welcome back.
          Perhaps some swords mounted on the walker to prevent crowding?

I were told, when I was operated, that research showed that if the pain wasn't treated before it got too severe, you would need far larger doses to be comfortable.
          They told me to ask for pain killers when the pain got over four on a scale from one to ten.
          It sounds like you got to ten .

Comment

Welcome back, Mis!
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Woo! Got some good news

Rapscallion

Comment

Hmph. Physicians assistants.

So sorry to hear that happened to you.
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Mr. Mis and the nurse were in the room with me when the physicians assistant came in and ripped my back brace off. My nurse was loading me up on the pain medications that she finally got the order for from my doctor for. I was thanking my nurse for being my advocate (all my nurses were, they were all great!) when the physicians assistant walked in.

Without a word, the woman walked in, pushed my nurse out of the way and walked up to me and ripped my brace off. The nurse ran out of the room, to write this bitch up for what she had just done and to let the doctor know what had just happened. I heard the nurses talking about the write up later. I put in my own complaints and so did Mr. Mis.

When the brace was ripped off, Mr. Mis saw my demeanor change and how loudly I gasped from the pain and asked the woman what she was doing. She mumbled something about checking the incision and left. She barely acknowledged I was even there let alone apologize. The pain was never that close to being bearable to what it was before that bitch walked in and brought me to the brink of being the screaming woman on the floor.

I knew that the complaints were heard by the higher ups within hours since I heard my nurses talking to them about it and documenting everything. The higher ups then came in and talked to me about it while writing down what I was saying.

My nurses were the best. They were all my advocates and were with me the whole step of the way. They deserve all the praises I give them and more. I don't know what I would have done without them. I am thinking of sending them a basket of cookies or something to show how grateful I am to them.

Of course, my family were all advocates for me too but it wouldn't have gotten far if not for the nurses.

I am doing much better now and again, want to thank you all for the support and letting me know what great friends you all are.

Mikkel I like your idea of swords on the walker since people in PA have never heard of such craziness as personal space.

Comment

Oooh! do those spinny-rim things but with blades like chainsaws or circular saws or Ben-Hur chariot stuff!
                    Also, glad your pain has abated!
                    "Is it the lie that keeps you sane? Is this the lie that keeps you sane?What is it?Can it be?Ought it to exist?"
                    "...and may it be that I cleave to the ugly truth, rather than the beautiful lie..."

Comment

I hope youre on your way to a speedy recovery. Get well soon!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X