X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One More For The Bridge

Last night was not a good night.

This morning, sometime between 2am and 6am, our dog Rachel passed away. We saw the signs after everybody left our party last night, and stayed up to the best of our ability, and comforted her (and each other).

She was kind, loving, and always glad to meet people, and especially if they had a treat for her. She gave, to myself and Wife, many years of love and devotion.

I've attached a picture of her for you. All I ask is that you remember her as she is in this picture (she's on the right, laying down): Strong, healthy, happy, and hanging out with her new younger playmate. It's how I'm going to.

She is a good dog. And we're going to miss her.

Rachel: Nov 26, 1993 to May 30, 2011. Yes, she really was old enough to drive a car.

I'm sorry, Peds.

She looks very happy here. I bet she had a good life.
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about that. She was a beautiful dog.
      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I am so sorry What a beautiful girl.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I'm sorry, Pedersen. That's never easy.

Comment

Im sorry for your loss.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss. She looks like a very sweet girl.

Comment

oh hon, sorry for your loss. Give playmate hugs, he knows whats going on.
                In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Sorry dude. I lost two cats over the last six months, so I have some idea of how you must feel.
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

*many hugs*

What a gorgeous dog.
                    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

She's beautiful and looks so happy. I'm very sorry for your loss!
                      Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

I'm sorry. It's never easy when losing someone who have shared that much of your life.
                        But almost nineteen years , that's an incredibly long life for a large breed dog. She must really have had a good life.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear this Peds - she sounds like a wonderful dog.
                          "I fell out of favour with heaven somewhere and I'm here for the hell of it now"

Comment

Sorry for your loss, Peds. I know how you feel, I lost my dog a month ago.
                            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

:hugs: So sorry you've lost such a great friend. She's a beautiful girl, and what a wonderful, long life she has led.
                              "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

Working...
                              X