This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona fires

I'm in New Mexico,200+ miles away & when we walked out of our gig tonite there was ash on our cars,thick smoke & it smelled like it was right next door....we're 25 miles east of Albuquerque on the other side of the freakin' mountains
    "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

I had no idea this was happening. But I'm not surprised, given the time of year. CA is probably next.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I'm rather nervous about the fires. It's WAY too close to Alpine and my grandparents went up there where their summer cabin was

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
        CA is probably next.
        CA is always next. I keep teasing my sister about living in a state made of dry tinder and oil-soaked rags.

On a more serious note, to those of you near the fires, be careful.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I've got some relatives in that area who are facing evacuation - they'd planned to come down here next week to visit one of our water parks, but that's on hold now. And if they do end up having to leave, my cousin wants to send his two kids and his mom down here to our house, and he'd stay up there. (not sure what they're planning to do with their animals, but I told my mom they need to come down here if they can......I'm not one to leave pets behind)
          Last edited by KellyHabersham; 06-05-2011, 01:33 AM.

Comment

And we just had the wettest April on record...and May wasn't much better. That's messed up. I hope everyone in that area will be OK!
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

In Denver yesterday morning, it was smoky/hazy, with a slight burn smell to the air......and the sunlight getting through the smoke was ORANGE. Don't know whether that was from the AZ fire or not, but it is not fun.

Comment

*thinks good thoughts!*
                1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                -----
                http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
                X