Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It always amazes me how the burger chains have such difficulties with special orders, when they almost always advertise "you can have it how you want it" (or words to that effect! ) Doesn't matter what the reason is, if you don't want the default & they offer you the choice to personalise it, they should give it to you how you've ordered it!

Whenever McDs has an "add bacon" special offer, I make sure to order a veggie sammich with bacon just to watch their eyes bug... As it happens I've never had that one come back wrong!
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

The bottom line is that people should be able to get their orders in a timely and correct way, without having to discuss their allergies or preferences, etc. It's really sad that we have to give such explicit instructions over a damned burger.

Jesus. Like one of the posters said upthread: it's not rocket science.

Mistakes happen, sure, but when it's this blatant and callous, it's unacceptable.

I'll forgive it once and be polite about it (as long as they're polite too), but when it happens again... I just don't go there anymore. It's simply not worth it. Even if I'm not spending much, money is too tight to throw it away on things not done correctly.

I wanna say to these kids who mess shit up and don't seem to care: Try making a $2500.00 mistake at work like I did recently. Today it's the burgers, tomorrow it's big mistakes. Get your head on straight and at least learn to be humble when you screw up. It'll serve you well later in life for the big f**k ups.
      Last edited by Peppergirl; 03-01-2012, 05:12 AM.
      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I feel your pain. I have a dairy allergy, and for me it's not an intolerance, I actually go into anaphylactic shock if I eat it. When I was younger and more foolish about where would be safe for me to eat the exact same thing happened to me in the same chain, When I refused to take the burger after the cheese had been pulled off the cashier was not pleasant to me at all. I don't go in there much at all now only if I'm with people who wanna go in. It's not worth the risk if someone can't be bothered to take it seriously.
        My Crafting Profile http://www.craftster.org/forum/index...ofile;u=139859

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
          Grr..I hate that. I do not have any allergies (That I know of) to food, but I do have a very limited palate on what taste good to me. I am not a fan of most pickles, tomatoes, onions, etc..though some I do like..just never the ones at 99% of fast food places. ((Exception : White Castle Onions)). When I try to say "Only ketchup" or "Only ketchup and mustard (for the rare ones that offer mustard)) that is what I mean. Not 'Everything scraped off'..not there in the first dang place. McD's never gets it right/Bk is a toss up (50/50 chance of them getting it right) and most Wendy's also..except the one near me. I got to be such a familiar face they finally got it right for me (even earned a loyalty card that got me discounts on food ). To the point where I didn't even have to SAY anything...

I would walk in, they would see me, and say "Your order will be ready in a moment." They knew what I wanted ..of course sometimes I'd throw them for a loop and order something else..just for something different. My typical order was their 1/4 lb 'classic' meal.

When I worked at a fast food chain that's popular in the south, we had customers like that. One couple always came in and got two burgers with no salt, no bun oil, buns toasted on both sides, extra....pickles or mustard...can't remember which....and sometimes as soon as the MOD saw them, even if it was them getting out of the car, they'd have the cooks start on their order and usually if I was up front and wasn't waiting on anyone else, I'd have their order already rung up. It was the same way with our Sunday night crowds. I usually could remember what most of them ordered and would have half of it rung up already before they started ordering. =D I liked those people.

As a customer, I haven't ever really had problems with people making my order wrong. I don't like pickles at all and will really only eat tomatoes with Mexican food. I'm also pretty willing to deal with my mistake if I forget to tell them. It's nothing real unusual, and considering the kinds of things people would order and how common it was for people to customize their burgers, I would think that most employees of fast food would be used to it.

Comment

I'm kind of curious. If a restaurant puts an item you're allergic to in the order and after having it remade, it still comes back with the offending item, is this a strong enough case to sue? Even if you don't follow through it could be a wakeup call that allergies are serious shit. If you ask me, deliberately putting items a customer is allergic to in the food is the same as food tampering, and I'm sure we need no reminders how CS feels about food tampering.
            To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Nashida View Post
              The manager watched me unwrap the burgers, and when he saw the yellow sticking out of the bun, he asked for them back, showed them to the guy at the grill, who then promptly pulled the cheese off and handed them over.
              Well, in defense of the guy at the grill, I'd be highly surprised if McD's cheese has much in the way of dairy products in it at all...

Comment

and sometimes as soon as the MOD saw them, even if it was them getting out of the car, they'd have the cooks start on their order
                You know that's very sweet. I can see why those customers would keep coming back.

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                I'm kind of curious. If a restaurant puts an item you're allergic to in the order and after having it remade, it still comes back with the offending item, is this a strong enough case to sue? Even if you don't follow through it could be a wakeup call that allergies are serious shit. If you ask me, deliberately putting items a customer is allergic to in the food is the same as food tampering, and I'm sure we need no reminders how CS feels about food tampering.
                Possibly. I mean suing just because you had to tell them more than once, no. But if you have a reaction, by all means get a lawyer to jump on them.

especially if they do a jerk move like just picking the offending items off because they're ASSUMING you won't die from it. they could be wrong

Comment

That's fucked up! I can't say I don't blame ya for cutting ties from the Golden Arches. SO absolutely refuses to eat there after getting sick from their burgers (we thought it was a bad batch of pickles in the burgers that caused it).
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                    I'd imagine that the legal system would expect some sort of evidence of intent to be presented. While you can sue over anything, it's not always advisable to do so. In fact, in the majority of cases you'd lose.

I currently tend to live by a rule of never attributing to malice that which can be explained by incompetence. It's saved my sanity on several occasions.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
                      It's saved my sanity on several occasions.
                      You're sane? When did that happen?
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

By sane standards, it never happened. By my standards, all my life.

Rapscallion

Comment

You should be able to order what you want, however way u want & not have it be a big hassle. You're the one paying with hard earned money to get food made the way that you request. & if that's too hard for them to comprehend or they just don't care about pleasing their customers then they need to find another line of work.
                          I'd keep on sending it back till they got it right. Don't give me attitude..Make it right the FIRST time, damn it!!...LOL!

Comment

Working...
                          X