This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I had an interview today...

I flew across the country for this interview. Am in California right now.

Well, today was an interesting day. The company is a big name company, so I'm going to avoid mentioning the name to avoid sounding like I'm name dropping.

I got in, and the interview process began. I interviewed with 5 people today. For all of them, we ran out of time before we ran out of things to talk about, so that is a good sign.

The interviews were easily the hardest interviews I've ever had. They were also the best I've ever had. This company spends a lot of effort on finding people, and making sure that they find the right people, and that the people they find have found the right job. It shows in their process; it shows very well.

As to how well I did? I don't know. For a couple of people, I had to answer their questions with "I don't know." One of them was the hiring manager. I answered as best I could, but that doesn't mean I did well. I answered honestly, but that doesn't mean I did well.

Still, I liked the company. I liked the people. I liked the environment. I liked the job that was described to me.

In short, I like this. It would please me to no end to get this job. I'll know by Friday of next week if they're going to extend me an offer. And I'll admit now that I hope they do. It would mean moving, but I think it would be worth it.

Now, we find out if I have the patience to wait.

I wish you luck, Peds
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Exciting news! Good luck!!!
      Your story may not have such a happy beginning, but that doesn't make you who you are. It is the rest of your story who you choose to be. So who are you? - Kung Fu Panda 2

Comment

Aww Peds! Glad the interview went well. So much good luck. You deserve it!
        Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
        Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

Good luck Pedersen! Always hard to look for a new job, but you know they were interested when they flew you across the country for an interview.

B
          "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
          I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Speaking as someone who has been on both sides in your kind of interview...

we'd much rather you say 'I don't know' or 'I don't know but I could look it up'. It's a much better answer in the long run than making something up.

Good luck!

Comment

Pedersen, I hope it works out for you. The Valley is expensive, but I love it.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I know some people in the HR field - they would rather have someone honestly say "I don't know" than try and bluff their way through, or lie.
                I'm holding thumbs, crossing fingers, toes, eyes and legs for you!
                The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Hugs and good thoughts..we need more smarties on the West Coast!
                  In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                  She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

I wish you the best in employment.
                    Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Fantastic news!! Good luck!!
                      "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Praying and keeping everything crossed for you! Please keep us posted
                        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Hoping for good news - sounds like the interviews were fun in and of themselves.

Rapscallion

Comment

Can't help but wonder if this mystery company has anything to do with fruit...
                            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

more likely to be involved in search ( it matches what i've heard about the environment at said company)

Comment

Working...
                              X