This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
    Hoping for good news - sounds like the interviews were fun in and of themselves.
    They were fun, definitely. I managed to surprise them a little bit in one of them. The interviewers had a lot of programming questions. For most of the day, I stuck with a single programming language, but one interviewer? I used two different programming languages to answer his questions. The first change was "just because I can" and the second was "right tool for the job".

So, I used three different programming languages over the course of the day. Hopefully that should win some points with them

As for guessing which company? Sorry guys, I'm not going to provide answers. I meant it when I said I'm not trying to name drop. Answering whether the ones above were right or wrong would provide some sort of answer. And answering that would make it sound like my (already over inflated) ego needs to be pumped up more. Right now, I'm just happy to have found a job that I want, and I might actually be able to get.

As to a schedule? I've done all the interview processes at this point. Now, internal hiring processes kick in to decide if I will be offered the position. First, the interviewers hand feedback to their manager. He takes it to a manager meeting on Tuesday, and they choose to continue or stop. If they choose to continue, it goes up to the next level, which is a director meeting on Thursday, and they choose whether to continue or not.

So, assuming the interviewers do their part in a timely fashion, I'll have an answer as to whether or not I'm being offered the position by this coming Friday. After that, if I'm being offered the position, I review, look up cost of living, figure out how much I'll have/need to spend, and make sure I can actually take the offer.

Assuming I get an offer, I should know in about two weeks whether or not I'll be moving to California.

Comment

Good luck!

(and it figures that this might happen, just as we figure out that you're reasonably close and could occasionally visit! )

Comment

I hope it works out. I'm rooting for you.
        "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

*hopeshopeshopes*
          1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
          -----
          http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
            Can't help but wonder if this mystery company has anything to do with fruit...
            A lot of the companies out here have very similar perks, and the multiple interviews in one day are becoming very common, so it's hard to say which company it might be.
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Good luck!
              Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
              What's the difference?
              We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

I tried to prevent getting my hopes up. I really did. Doesn't change the fact that this might have been the second job I've ever actually wanted.

I'm not getting it. They're passing me by for this one.

Definitely not a happy night.

Comment

I'm so sorry. I know how that goes.
                  Remember, stressed spelled backwards is desserts.

Comment

Oh honey. Hugs! I'm sorry.
                    In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                    She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

hell! Oh, Peds!
                      Driver Picks the Music, Shotgun Shuts His Cakehole.
                      Supernatural 9-13-05 to forever

Comment

I'm so sorry Peds... They don't know what an opportunity they missed out on, the dumbbutts.

<big hugs>
                        By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

After all that?

Fuck.

Did they give any reasons?

Rapscallion

Comment

Yeah. My coding knowledge is great, but I need more experience with bigger scale deployments. Of course, getting the experience that mirrors their environment well enough is incredibly rare, since not many companies have their scale of system.

Frustrating and disappointing, in a big way.

Comment

Well, damn. Damn, damn, damn. I was so hoping for you.

Comment

Did they indicate if there were other positions there that would suit you better?

Suspect you'd have mentioned had that been the case.

Gutted for you, mate.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                                X