This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few complaints about this writing assignment

First off my usual writing assignment usually takes me 45 minutes to write. That's including doing the research for it. I write about 500-800 words separated by a couple sub-headers, and call it done.

THIS project on the other hand has 3 parts, each part has to be a certain word count. This is challenging coming up with the right amount of words for the sections, not going over, and coming up with enough.

There's research included in the writing of course.

It takes me *2 HOURS* to write 650 words this way!

I feel your pain. I'm 1/2 way through my final paper for my pol. sci. class. Normally I'd be done by now but the topic just, well, sucks to be honest.
    Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

It's not the topics, its the breaking them up into 125-150 words about topic, 250-300 words on this aspect of topic, then another 250-300 words on another aspect of the topic. Its a huge PITA.

And its not like I can make up what goes in these sections like I can with my usual writing its very specific what aspects of the topics go in these sections.

Comment

It's definitely hard to be confined to limits when writing assignments and essays.

I wouldn't get frustrated about the time it takes you since it is something you're not used to doing. At least the next time you have a similar assignment, it'll go faster (in theory anyway). And it'll be a helpful skill.

I do remember getting extremely annoyed at such assignments ... and then later longing for the "good ol' days" as time went on

Comment

Though my editor sent it back for some tweaking, the client says its GOOD, just a few things need changed.(Editor would have changed it herself if her son hadn't had to go to the hospital.)

Comment

Yay! Awesome news (except for your editor). Congrats.

Comment

Working...
            X