This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having Fun With Customers

Now, I do not do this with everybody, only with customers that I know can take a joke.

One of the regulars calls up (He never knows what he wants) I answer the phone and he says " wanna place a delivery order.. I don't know what I want" I Facepalm, I always send him menus and I wonder why he can't figure out what he wants before he calls

Me: Well, I can send you The Shut Up and Eat it.

Him: What's that?

Me: Whatever I feel like making for you

Him: So, no matter what it is, I have to eat it?

Me: That's right

Him: Even if it'd something totally disgusting?

Me: Even if it's hickory smoked horse buttholes

He laughed and quickly ordered a Country Club

Another regular calls up, I know he likes it when I answer cause I will just say whatever I find funny at the time.

Me: (answering the phone) Johnny Jim's, would you like to try our Extra Big Ass Sandwich? Now with more molecules!

Him: (laughing) That's a good one!
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Ha! That makes me want to call up and order from you.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Same here. I never get to do fun things like that. Boo hoo.
      "I was only LOOKING, I didn't mean to enter my card's CVV and actually ORDER! REFUND ME RIGHT NOW!!"

Comment

My BFF in later years at high school [we met the year I did public HS and stayed friends he lived 2 streets away from my parents and ended up getting the apartment next to mine when he graduated] from the age of 16 on and I used to hit this one place that was in an old railroad station owned by the brother of one of the teachers in the HS in the town my parents lived in. His mother was the main cook, and his younger brother was one of the bartenders. We used to go in pretty regularly during the week after work, getting there about 9 pm, after the dinner guests pretty much have finished and left - generally wednesday and thursday. We got to be fairly good friends with everybody there and would be able to get fed with the family after the kitchen officially closed. We never actually ordered any food we were there to have a couple drinks to wind down after work, they just slapped plates of food on the bar in front of us when they fed everybody else. To be honest, I have no idea to this day if they realized that I was 16 [and Eddie was 18 and legally able to drink] when we started going there, but I was drinking at bars from the time I was about 12 and never got into trouble. But then again I rarely had more than a drink or two, or a couple glasses of wine with dinner, and I looked pretty much the same from the time I hit puberty and I turned about 25.

I love a neighborhood hangout where you can get to know everybody. It is comfortable.
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth HappyFun Ball View Post
          Now, I do not do this with everybody, only with customers that I know can take a joke.
          I hope to $DEITY that you have Caller ID.

Him: Even if it'd something totally disgusting?

Me: Even if it's hickory smoked horse buttholes
          Oh my lord.

That sounds like something that might be on this menu.

Comment

The last week or so at work, I've been in a slightly odd mood. (I finally got over a god-awful cold/bronchitis/sinus/YUCK thing so I think that's part of it!)

Anyway. Customers come up, and say something along the lines of "I have a question" - to which I have been replying, with a brilliant smile, "Seventeen!" They laugh, I laugh, and then we get to the actual question. It's been fun. One of these days 17 may actually be the answer, too!

(I should also try "42!" and see how many Hitch Hikers' Guide fans I can find )

Comment

Working...
            X