This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A moment to squee.

So, as some know, both my kids are now in school. The same school that my oldest goes to just started a preschool program, and we managed to get the younger in there. (She LOVES it, she has a total blast!)

So I've been enjoying the quiet to actually cram in and get work done while they're gone, I have had fewer days now where I have to work late.

But wait, that's not all, folks!

Husband's work schedule gives him every other Friday off. We just now realized that since both kids are at school...we basically get most of the day to ourselves. MINI VACATION!

We haven't figured out what we're going to do tomorrow, although IHOP, gaming store, and profuse amounts of MMOing have come into discussion.

I feel slightly guilty for it, but man, I'm really looking forward to this. Should be pretty awesome.
    By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Congrats! Now my wife & I work shifts, it's increasingly hard to organise "together time", so I can identify with the realisation that you have this time to share doing whatever you want!
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

That's great news, Seraph! Enjoy the time; you've earned it.
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Don't feel guilty!!!! You're taking care of things, so enjoy when a little downtime comes your way!

Comment

Seraph, you more than anyone have earned some Time To Yourself.

Enjoy it, and keep a whacking stick to hand to fend off the Abnormalcy that will likely try to find you. D:
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

YAY!!!!! Glad you are getting some downtime!!!
            Coffee should be strong, black and chewy! It should strip paint and frighten small children.

My blog Darkwynd's Musings

Comment

WOOT! Go girl...get that together time!

Comment

With all the respect for Seraph.....

Seraph said...."We haven't figured out what we're going to do tomorrow,"

How about each other?

Nuff said....

Comment

Quoth Seraph View Post
                  I feel slightly guilty for it, but man, I'm really looking forward to this. Should be pretty awesome.
                  What? Why?? You've invested so much in your life, take what time you can to enjoy it!

Comment

Quoth artcurmudgeon View Post

How about each other?

Nuff said....
                    But that is how she lost the last 5+ years.
                    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                    Save the Ales!
                    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Quoth artcurmudgeon View Post

How about each other?

Nuff said....
                      Thats pretty epic

All in all, yesterday was awesome, except for the fact I'm sick now. And was all day. I pretty much drank chloraseptic to numb my sore throat, and downed about five ibuprofen to stave off the fever and aching.

However, we did manage to go out to the store and pick up some green stuff so I can fix up my custom ponies I've been working on, and so I can sculpt another.
                      By popular request....I am now officially the Enemy of Normalcy.

"What is unobtainium? To Seraph, it's a normal client. :P" -- Observant Friend

Comment

Working...
                      X