X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Positive thoughts and vibes needed

I have been stung by a yellow jacket. On my way to ER

I hate yellow jackets! They're surly little beasts that chase people around for no good reason and sometimes it seems they're EVERYWHERE this time of year. Why can't they be like honey bees or bumblebees? Calm, sedate creatures that don't have a quarrel with anyone unless they're messed with. Even other kinds of wasps just want to go about their day. But not yellow jackets, noooo.

May your wait be short, your treatment effective and your bill managable.
    My webcomic is called Sidekick Girl. Val's job is kinda like retail, except instead of corporate's dumb policies, it's the Hero Agency, and the SC's are trying to take over the world.

Comment

Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View Post
      I have been stung by a yellow jacket. On my way to ER
      Ouch! Hope everything is ok. I am like a little school girl around bees..or anything that stings.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

They gave me the meds to counteract the reaction, watched me for an hour and let me come home, where I can not be alone for 24 hours. I think I am going to take a nap

Comment

Naps are good. There are days that I miss sleep. Sleep is good.
          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Nap is fine as long as you're not alone at all. Considering I'm allergic to anything with a stinger, I'm definitely sending good thoughts your way. Should I assume (I know...) that you have an epipen handy?
            "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I pulled out my epipen and it expried two months ago

Comment

Eek.

I'm thinking you might want to set up some sort of reminder to get that handled.

Google Calendar will send email reminders when you have things come up.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Hope you're doing okay. Those things are nasty.

Years ago there was picnic table in a park here that someone had carved a giant yellow jacket drawing into. We figured the person was probably carried off by yellow jackets just as he finished...They were all over that area.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I had taken Bug to the park and we had a real bad rain yesterday. Someone had put mulch on the bottom of the slides to soak up the water. I went to brush off the mulch and there was a yellow jacket in the mulch. It got me on the tip of my right pinkie. It makes typing interesting. So far so good. I have another dose of meds to take in an hour before I go to bed. Hubby has been very hovering making sure I am not having problems

Comment

Take care of yourself! Sending some good vibes your way.

I hate anything with a stinger.

Comment

Quoth FormerCallingCardRep View Post
                        I had taken Bug to the park and we had a real bad rain yesterday. Someone had put mulch on the bottom of the slides to soak up the water. I went to brush off the mulch and there was a yellow jacket in the mulch. It got me on the tip of my right pinkie. It makes typing interesting. So far so good. I have another dose of meds to take in an hour before I go to bed. Hubby has been very hovering making sure I am not having problems
                        Owww! Not sure if that's better or worse than the one I stepped on barefoot...

Have you had desensitizing shots at all?
                        "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
                        X