Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The logic of thieves is boundless. Especially when they are attempting (and failing) to come up with a reason for their actions.

That being said, I think I should point out that it can be dangerous to chase after people, thieves or not, as in this day and age, you never know what they might do. I know ever restaurant I have ever worked at you were discouraged from doing this as a matter of safety policy.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
      No kidding. I mean, it's not like people are expected to, you know, pay for stuff. That's ludicrous! She should report you to the BBB.

/sarcasm

The BBB is so last century folks.

She'll probably whine about it over on PFB.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddess View Post
        The BBB is so last century folks.
        I wish my customers knew that. It's always the BBB or the FCC.
        "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I think she planned to just walk out and not pay for the ice cream at all, but when she realized that you could have gotten her license plate and reported her for it, she came back in to take care of it and act like it was never going to be an issue, thus the additional video rental.

Quoth Jester View Post
          That being said, I think I should point out that it can be dangerous to chase after people, thieves or not, as in this day and age, you never know what they might do. I know ever restaurant I have ever worked at you were discouraged from doing this as a matter of safety policy.
          Next time, don't chase her. If you see her walk out without paying for something that you know she took, get her plate and just phone it in to the cops. That'll give her something to think about.

And a record.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

This is a good point. At BN we are not allowed to chase after thieves. Once they leave the store the only thing we can do is try to get a license plate and description and call the cops. Before they leave, it's all about keeping them in sight and preventing them from stealing in the first place.
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
            X