This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triple Suck: Like Triple Sec, but evil

Sorry, this has nothing to do with alcohol (except that I really wanted some after dealing with this, but I got a hat-trick of SCs today, one after the other. The three of them together, one after the other, meant that I nearly doubled my lifetime amount of SCs in the span of three minutes... ten if you count until the end of the last guy's phone call.

Mama Always Said, Stupid is as a Scammer Does

Guy calls in to check on his order, claiming he called over an hour ago. *Uh-oh,* methinks, *this isn't good!* so I get his information and pull up the order. Or rather, I try to, because the order doesn't exist. He orders from us every week or so, according to the phone #s history, but nothing today. I ask him to hold on a moment ask the nearest supervisor-type person what to do. They say to just go ahead and take the order again and they'll credit it off at the end.

I'm starting to do that when the J, the SM, happens to walk by and ask what's going on. He takes a look at the name of the person on the screen and tells me to let him speak with the guy. J has a few words with him, saying 'Sir' in that special 'you're being a douche' tone several times before hanging up and saying the order's going through the regular way, don't put a rush on it.

The reason? The guy had, indeed, called an hour ago (before I got there) and tried to place an order with an expired credit card and refused to offer another form of payment, arguing that it was brand new (The Exp.Date he read off was 05/07) and hung up.

Either he was a F*cking Moron or a Scammer, neither of which deserve free cheesy goodness.

The Blonde Leading... Nobody, I Hope

The VERY next call I take went as such:

Me: Thanks for calling... <insert schpeel, including Pimping Da Special>
    Blonde: No Thanks! *giggle*
    Me: Alright, then. Can I get your phone number?

<She wasn't in the system, so I had to put her in. Imagine much ditzing and giggling through simply providing a name and address>

Me: So what can I get for you today, Miss?
    Blonde: What's the price on a medium pizza?
    Me: <lists off 1-top price, Specialty price, and $$$ extra for additional toppings>
    Blonde: Kay! Thanks! *click*

ARUGH! If you just want to know prices, SAY SO UP FRONT! I do NOT need to waste time I could be using making pizzas we've actually SOLD getting your info if you don't want to order.

No, I don't know that she was really blonde, but she had the Valley Girl act down pat, so I can only imagine she's bleached-blonde if nothing else.

GET ON WITH IT!

The call after THAT, I get a guy who takes, quite literally, five minutes for me to get his phone number and for him to ask about a special that we stopped carrying about a week after I stopped working there.

He then wasted another two minutes meandering about how that was such a good pizza, why don't we carry it anymore, before I could determine that, no, he wasn't going to order anything else and get him off the phone without being rude. I'd give you exscripts, but I think my brain scabbed it over protectively.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Quoth JustADude View Post
    No, I don't know that she was really blonde, but she had the Valley Girl act down pat, so I can only imagine she's bleached-blonde if nothing else.
    Oh, I can hear blonde. Remember, a brunette or red-headed man or woman that bleaches his or her hair was likely a blonde at heart to begin with.

You'd think after a while they'd start giving their telephone numbers out first. You know, every time they call the first thing they speak are their orders, only to have to repeat them after the man on the other end gets their numbers. Pattern recognition, people.
    You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Pattern recog-what? I don't understand...

No, I'm not blonde, never wanted to be, and I only giggle when somethings actually funny
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
      X