This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to NOT do at my store

I thought I'd start a thread about things customers shouldn't (but usually do) do at certain stores. Please feel free to add your own.

1) Do not open a box of protein bars, steal one or two, and then come in the next day and ask why all the boxes are taped shut. Duh, I wonder why!!!

2) Don't allow your little brat to destroy my store. In fact, if your child has a tendency to get into things, DON'T BRING THEM IN MY STORE!!!!!! And if your child DOES grab something off the shelf and throw it onto the floor, have the common damn courtesy to pick it up and put it on the shelf!

3) If you know that we usually keep something at the counter, and it's not there, don't just go out onto the floor and open a box of something and then just leave it on the floor. Don't even go out and get it yourself. That's what I'm there for. Ask me!

4) Never, EVER call me your slave! I'm a worker, respect me. I don't kiss your feet, I don't kiss your ass, don't assume I will either!

5) Don't spit on my floor, that's gross!

Somebody actually spit on your floor? On purpose?

Comment

1. Don't bring outside food and/or drinks into my store. It is not cool picking up after you, because you didn't want to throw your trash away.
      2. Don't try to scam us, we know what you are up too.
      3. We already know that Best Buy(no offense) is cheaper then us. It is because they are under-pricing them. Again no offense meant
      4. If we do not have anything, that you came in for. Leave, don't bitch at us for it. Not our fault, if the shipment didn't come in.
      5. The restroom is for employees only. We do not trust you.
      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

spit on the floor-so many levels of eww, i don't know where to begin.

1. if you don't know what you want, ask a few questions; it won't kill you, really, it won't.

2. don't leave trash where ever it suits you; we have garbage cans, the store itself isn't one of them.

3. if your child makes a mess, clean it up; i'm not a nanny-if i were, you couldn't afford me.

4. we are not a daycare facility; mind your child-you had them, be responisible for them.

5. we are NOT a public restroom; stop dropping in, using the potty, then leaving without so much as a thank you. bastards.

6. if we tell you we are out of something, don't turn it into some major drama; it's not personal, and it has exactly nada to do with you-accept it.

7. you are NOT the center of the universe; get off your cellphone/stop babbling to your buddies/get that stick out of your ass when you are in front of the cashier-they're a human being and apprieciate being treated as such. try to remember that...
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

You guys rock!

1) I'm not allowed to throw out customer trash in drive-thru. Don't get all pissy and smack your lips at me. Clean your car out every once in a while and you'll be fine.

2) Keep your shit in the toilet. I'm tired of having to clean shit off the rim of the toilet seat because you want to go ADD while taking a dump.

3) Stop asking for Big Macs. The sign says Burger King. If you can't read it then go back to school.

4) Don't drive off without me telling you your total. I'll just remember you when I'm playing Grand Theft Auto.

5) DO NOT put your fucking money on the window sill while my hand's extended. If it blows away, I'll laugh in your face and refuse to get it.

6) We have ICEE'S. We do not serve slushies. We do not serve Slurpees...don't insult 7-11 like that. There's a big fucking sign in plain view. If you can't see ICEE we have a problem.

7) If you use one of our high chairs, put it back where you found it...after cleaning it up a bit. They're not heavy.

8) Take only as many napkins as you need, not the whole goddamn thing. we're tired of picking up a sleeve's worth of napkins on every table.

9) Throw your own trash out. That's why we give you trays. This isn't a 5 star restaurant...clean your own shit.

10) If your kid makes a mess and they're too young to clean it up themselves, take some fucking responsibility and clean it yourself...it won't kill you, I promise.

If your child is old enough, teach him/her how to clean up their own messes. Be a good parent.

11) Don't even bother bother trying to tell me your order if you're on your cell phone. Let someone who isn't on the phone go ahead of you. No, it isn't store policy, it's MINE.

12) If you want the meal, say the meal or what number it is. Don't say just the sandwich and expect me to automatically know what you want.

I have more but I can do it on another thread.

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
            spit on the floor-so many levels of eww, i don't know where to begin.
            How about, that's not as bad as it could be. We have one place (carpeted, no less) where someone keeps pissing on it. Don't know if it's a lazy customer (public restrooms are at the other end of the mall) or a disgruntled ex-employee... but whoever it is, it's real sad.

Comment

Quoth Maximillion View Post
              2) Keep your shit in the toilet. I'm tired of having to clean shit off the rim of the toilet seat because you want to go ADD while taking a dump.
              That's hilarious. What was I in here for? Phplphplhplhplhplhphlplhphphl Hmm...

1) Don't treat your phone like shit then complain it doesn't work.

2) Don't treat your phone like shit then complain it doesn't work and then throw a hissy fit because we tell you that you have to call insurance.

3) Don't treat your phone like shit then complain it doesn't work and then throw a hissy fit because we tell you we'll make an 'exception' but it will cost you $55.

3A) An exception is exactly that, an exception, a one-time only thing, if we did it all the time then it would be the norm.

4) Don't bring your kids into the store unsupervised. They break something, you buy it.

5) Don't stand at the counter while talking on the phone for ten minutes then complain that the phone never works.

6) Don't demand that the techs give you back your phone because "you have to make a call".

7) Don't say that you have to be on a plane in 15, 30, 45, 60 minutes. The closest airport is over 45 minutes away and during that time, it WILL take you over an hour to get though security. You're missing your flight anyway.

8) Don't say "But the other store said..." or "Customer service said..." I don't care what they said. If they offered it to you, THEY need to fufill that offer, not us.

9)I also don't care what Bob's Wireless shack down the street said, refer to #8.
              Quote Dalesys:
              ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth Maximillion View Post
                3) Stop asking for Big Macs. The sign says Burger King. If you can't read it then go back to school.

6) We have ICEE'S. We do not serve slushies. We do not serve Slurpees...don't insult 7-11 like that. There's a big fucking sign in plain view. If you can't see ICEE we have a problem.
                This has always bothered me, at our small, locally owned and operated burger joint, our burgers do not come with fries, nor a drink. If you want fries and a drink, you say, "I'll have a cheeseburger with fries and a drink." It bothers me when customers say, "I'll do* a cheeseburger value meal." Value meal. They always say that. I hate that. Nowhere on our menu are written the words "value meal." Why do you expect me to know what that means? This coincides with our customers' needs to name our products for us. We do not have a "Popeye burger." That is the damn spinach and bleu cheese burger.

*Also, why do they say that? The same people whom say "I'll do a" preface their order with "yeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhh . . . ,"
                You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Even though I last worked at Whiskeyclone 2 weeks ago.

1. The barrels are not trash cans! If it kills you to walk the extra 300 meters please keep walking.

2. I don't give a shit how much you pay for your VIP pass. To me, you're a guy with an ego problem and a miserable life.

3. To the idiots who parked at the training center (Where our basketball team works out) thinking they can get away with not paying. Big news there: We're vigilant. And if I'm in a bad mood your night will be worse. Go ahead and run me over, you'll just regret it financially.

4. The parking lot isn't a speedway, SLOW DOWN!!!!
                  The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

1. Do NOT walk up to the counter and ask me what something costs. We have a menu on the wall. We have a menu on the counter. We have an entire STACK of menus to take home.
                    2. Get off that g--damn cell phone before I break the damn thing. I don't want to hear you rattle off the entire menu -- twice -- to your boyfriend.
                    3. Get the kid off the counter. NOW.
                    4. If you order a 16-piece value meal, it's gonna take me a while, so I don't mind if you wander off to grab a soda. What I do mind is when you wander off... when you ordered a 6-piece wedge, which takes all of half a second to do
                    5. If you see me making an order, and someone is standing about 3 feet away from the counter, don't get in front of them and try to place an order yourself.
                    6. GET IN FRONT OF THE DAMN COUNTER WHEN ORDERING. I CAN'T F----ING HEAR YOU. Your measily voice has to compete with the RC cooler, stainless steel cooler, the vent on the case, the hotbox, three deep friers, and an industrial hood vent, as well as the huge case in between me and you.
                    7. Your order was for 6:00. It says "6:00" RIGHT HERE. I remember taking this order, and you clearly said "six oh clock". Do not arrive at 5:45, then sigh and say "It was supposed to be for 5:45", trying to get a discount. It ain't happening.
                    8. When I leave early (slow day), and Andrea is working alone... do NOT yell at her because we ran out of chicken. After 8 hours working, mainly cleaning ceiling tiles, I left an hour before my scheduled time. As soon as I leave, we had many people, and when Andrea ran out of chicken, these raging fatasses were actually yelling at her. Satisfying showing up and just saying to the couple "You're welcome to leave. Now.", followed by a simple "Do not come back."
                    9. Don't be surprised if I don't respond to you whistling for me. I'm not a dog.
                    10. If you're on your phone, I'm not coming up to the counter to wait for you.
                    11. Wait at least 5 seconds before pressing the damn call button. I hate it when I walk to the back room to put a spoon in the sink, turn around, walk back (Literally, 5 seconds round trip), and I catch someone already reaching for the call button. Impatient much? Especially worse when, AFTER trying to immediately summon me, they take their sweet frickin time searching the menu
                    12. If, at the same time, the fryer is done cooking, the phone rings, and you walk up to the counter, don't be surprised if we ignore you and take care of the phone/fryer.
                    13. YES MA'AM, BY ALL MEANS LET ME JUST KINDA STOP PUTTING CHICKEN IN THE FRYER TO HELP YOU. NO, HAVING IT SITTING THERE WON'T CAUSE IT TO MISCOOK.
                    14. The fryers are all off, it's 10 minutes to close, we're out of wedges. Four words for you: Shut the f--- up. I don't give a s--t that you want wedges, show up earlier next time. All three fryers have been off for damn near an hour now. Get OUT. This is a nightly occurance.
                    I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
                    less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
                      *Also, why do they say that? The same people whom say "I'll do a" preface their order with "yeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhh . . . ,"
                      Never could comprehend people doing that except well let's face it a lot of people are on what could politely be called autopilot. Their just going by some ingrained programming.

I do like small independtly operated burger places when I can find them. Some of them have very huge burgers and proper chili fries is always great. Also the sodas they have are far better then fountain drinks.
                      Last edited by Ree; 05-06-2007, 11:49 AM. Reason: Editing irrelevant parts out of quote

Comment

*Removed excessive quote

I got a few to add to that one
                        Don't say a value menu number and assume i know that isnt what you want, you just want the sandwich....... i swear to god the next someone does that im ringing them up for a small combo and charge them for that....
                        You are an adult, act like it. Don't leave your trash on the table, don't make moves to spread out the trash (i.e. throwing your trash on the ground, around your table or on the floor *next to the trash*, and don't take your food and spread it around the resteraunt..... so that i find pickles, tomatoes,ect..... on.... everything....
                        You complain about your kid, to me, and then let them try and destory my reseraunt..... explain that one to me.
                        Stop getting mad at me because we aren't McDonalds!!!! I don't write up your menu or our deals. I CAN'T CHANGE THEM!!
                        If you can remember a deal from January and expect to still get it, why can't you remember our breakfast hours or what the deal was??
                        Last edited by Ree; 05-06-2007, 11:52 AM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

Quoth Sofar View Post
                          I'll preface my order with "yeah" sometimes. Usually it's cause I've just been asked if the person can help me. I'll let them know that yes, you can help me and and this is what I would like, please.

As for the whole "I'll do" phrase, I can't help but let my cesspool of a mind take over, and it ain't pretty. Not at all.

Comment

Do not ask for free phones, service, or accessories. Do not ask for discounts that you do not deserve.

Do not claim your pet fluffy is a service dog.
                            Quote Dalesys:
                            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

S.O.S.

Don't open the g--damned sheet sets. There hasn't been a change in the size of king, queen, full, twin (or any other variation thereof) since I have been alive-- and I am old. In an ideal world-- if you opened A SET-- I'd be allowed to force your meddling ass to fold the whole thing back, good as new, placed back in the shrink wrap. You wouldn't be allowed to leave the store until you accomplished said task. Then you would be obliged to pay the original cost plus a fee per each hour that it required you to fold the set properly because I'd have to watch your knuckle-dragging, drool-dripping carcass to make sure things were done properly.

If you bring back an item for refund and it's quite clear that most of the product was consumed BEFORE you decided it was blinky or defective, it just ain't happening.

Don't come back the day after you paid for something with a check, demanding a refund. That tells me that there's a bad check on the rise, as surely as my butt has a crack in it.
                              "It's not me that you hate; it's those nasty truths I serve up. Hey, man, I'm just honesty's vessel!" --Me

Comment

Working...
                              X