This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ways not to get Cable Service

Things not to do when you want service...
    1. Refuse to put up your dogs
    2. Demand a tech trim your trees to install a aerial line when there is a underground line.
    3. Chase the tech off your property with a stick

We have a service where you can port your number over. She refused all of the above and then said we refused to install service. I eventually had to get sup to take the call..Crazy people
    Never Underestimate the Element of Surprise - Odo, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

Wait a second, that was all the same person who did that? I thought you were making a list. That's insane!

Comment

Yes that was all in the account notes. What I did discover the resolution is we could not give her the number unless she setup service. She refuses to have a tech come out to install service so she went back to SBC and they are going to have to sent a port request to us. In my opinion SBC can have her.
      Never Underestimate the Element of Surprise - Odo, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine

Captain John Rourke(Clear Skies) - Ah, yes. another Black Bird. Are they free with cereal now or something?

Comment

Quoth angelicafire View Post
        That's insane!
        Correction...SHE'S insane!

I'm willing to bet that she'd be nothing but a pain in the ass for you. Twenty bucks says she complains every month about how high her bill is.
        I pray for the strength to change what I can, the inability to change what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference -Calvin, Calvin & Hobbes

Being a pessimist and cynical wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't right so often!

Comment

Quoth XXDarrienX View Post
          Things not to do when you want service...

2. Demand a tech trim your trees to install a aerial line when there is a underground line.

That's my favorite one. I had customers who would call in demanding that we trim "our trees" that are about to get into the way of "my cable". In other words, the customer has trees in their yard, but they belong to the cable company. However, the actual cable facilities belong to the customer! Does this make sense?

Comment

Several ppl have threatened to KILL our technicians if they come on their property. Then they call later & want service. Yeeeeeeeeah, that's not a good way to get cable.
            The universe is mostly empty space, and so is your job. ~Dilbert

Comment

I had a co-worker get a call from someone upset that a tech refused to work in her basement because it was basically a health hazard. You name it, it was growing or crawling in there. Consider for a second what someone who goes into people's houses on a daily basis must see and what it would take for someone who's seen what they've seen to say "fuck this, not doing it".
              "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Quoth CancelMyService View Post
                Consider for a second what someone who goes into people's houses on a daily basis must see and what it would take for someone who's seen what they've seen to say "fuck this, not doing it".
                I've had a most unfortunate experience like that... alas, it was my upstairs neighbors. I've told the story before, but it's always a goodie...

My upstairs neighbor ordered internet service. The tech came, and seconds later, ran down the steps and back to his truck.

Obviously a problem. So, I went into work and checked the notes. Basically, the notes said that the tech saw roaches, and refused to do the job. The tech supervisor came to the apartment, and later wrote, "DO NOT SEND A FIELD TECH TO THIS APARTMENT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES."

The next day, the neighbor came to the my door bitching his head off. "You can't refuse service just because I have a few bugs. You know what I say? Fuck you all. I don't need your service."

And I don't need you as a neighbor. I went to the landlord: "The cable tech fled in terror from the third floor. We know my neighbors aren't the cleanest people in the world, but I'm thinking they've got a real problem."

After they were evicted a little while later, I was invited to the third floor to see the house of horrors. It was a scene that made the tough guys tumble and the hard men humble.
                I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Quoth TNT View Post
                  It was a scene that made the tough guys tumble and the hard men humble.
                  Not much between despair and ecstasy.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                    Not much between despair and ecstasy.

^-.-^
                    Get Thai'd... you're talking to a tourist whose every move's among the purest.
                    I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Quoth CancelMyService View Post
                      I had a co-worker get a call from someone upset that a tech refused to work in her basement because it was basically a health hazard. You name it, it was growing or crawling in there. Consider for a second what someone who goes into people's houses on a daily basis must see and what it would take for someone who's seen what they've seen to say "fuck this, not doing it".
                      I had a similar experience when I installed satellite dishes. The TV that the customer wanted the receiver on was in the middle of the house with no outside walls. I went to go under the house and was greeted by an entire ecosystem complete with snakes, frogs, black widows, scorpions, and god knows what else. NOT KIDDING. I ended up doing a wall punch through a closet to get the line in. Customer wasn't too happy, but I told her "Hey, it's this or nothing. Have you SEEN what's living under you?"

The all time suck winner was a man who wanted the cable installed inside his walls, like the house electrical. It was my install company's policy that we do not do wall fishes(running cable inside a wall for you non cable types). He told me "You're not drilling through my floors or walls." I told him he could have a licensed contractor run the cable in the walls and we could reschedule for a later date. "Unacceptable." Yes, that was what he said. I'll never forget it. I asked him what he wanted me to do since I can't drill anywhere. "Fish the walls." I told him I couldn't, I'm not licensed and it's against company policy. He then told me "My walls will be fished. You will do it. YOU ARE NOT LEAVING HERE UNTIL IT IS DONE." I laughed all the way to the truck. I don't know and don't care if he EVER got satellite.
                      I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
                        I asked him what he wanted me to do since I can't drill anywhere. "Fish the walls." I told him I couldn't, I'm not licensed and it's against company policy. He then told me "My walls will be fished. You will do it. YOU ARE NOT LEAVING HERE UNTIL IT IS DONE."
                        Heh, maybe you should have called his bluff, and sat down on the couch and asked "Hey, gotta beer? How about some chips and dip?"

SC:

Jadedcarguy: "Well, you said I'm not leaving until the walls are fished, and I ain't gonna do it! So, it looks like your stuck with me for awhile!"

Mike
                        Meow.........

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
                          Heh, maybe you should have called his bluff, and sat down on the couch and asked "Hey, gotta beer? How about some chips and dip?"

SC:

Jadedcarguy: "Well, you said I'm not leaving until the walls are fished, and I ain't gonna do it! So, it looks like your stuck with me for awhile!"

Mike
                          That would have been great!
                          I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth TNT View Post
                            Get Thai'd... you're talking to a tourist whose every move's among the purest.
                            I get my kicks above the waistline.
                            "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
                              I get my kicks above the waistline.
                              It's a drag, it's a bore, it's really such a pity to be looking at the board, not looking at the city.......
                              Who is this rectal-cranial inverted twit....and where is my sledgehammer??

Comment

Working...
                              X