Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I had to go and put Chess on my record player.
    "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth ShockQueen View Post
      It's a drag, it's a bore, it's really such a pity to be looking at the board, not looking at the city.......
      Don't you know that when you play at this level there's no ordinary venue?
      I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Back to the topic at hand, it's usually not a good idea if you're a volunteer fireman and you threaten to not show up if the cable company's facilities are on fire just because you were a SC who didn't get their way.
        "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Woah say what?

Cancelmyservice, do tell the story for that one.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
            The all time suck winner was a man who wanted the cable installed inside his walls, like the house electrical. It was my install company's policy that we do not do wall fishes(running cable inside a wall for you non cable types).
            My installer loved it when I mentioned I had already done the drilling for running the wires through the walls, and even left pull strings to attach the cable to. Only problem we ran into was where I wanted to bring the cables in the house. I had no problem running the string, but for some reason, the four RG6's would not get through something in the wall, so we ended up running down the outside wall and into the house through an outside floor joist.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
              Woah say what?

Cancelmyservice, do tell the story for that one.
              This was around the time of the yearly rate increase. He called in complaining about some thing or another, and when he wasn't getting his way he said "how about the next time there's a fire near your equipment out here (the area he was calling from was known to have brush fires in the summertime), maybe my truck won't start or I won't get out there in time". I told him that was hardly an appropriate response to the situation, and I think he realized how that made him sound. It still was a pretty childish thing to get all Milton on me because his cable bill went up like $2.
              "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Working...
              X