This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
    Ever have someone who doesn't work for your company ask for the employee discount?
    Apparently, when the yellow tag sold the company that I worked for at Chesterfield, they didn't tell their employees. For quite some time after the sale, up to and including three years (yes, YEARS!) later, I had yellow tag employees wander in and ask me about their discount.
    "What discount?" my favorite line, as I got to get all syrupy sweet and smile like I was sizing them up for a meal.
    "I work for yellow tag."
    "I work for Chesterfield. You don't get a discount."
    *crushed looks* "What?"
    "Yellow tag no longer owns us, and good riddance. I never could get any help in yellow tag stores when I wandered in in my work shirt. Besides, can't you get most of the same movies at yellow tag as you can get here?"
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
      Did you card her again??
      No, she didn't want to buy beer and cigarettes that time. However, I did ask her what she thought of the memo sent out by the office.
      The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

im sooo happy about my new employee discount at my new job.
        since i work for infomercials all i got to do is ask how much product x cost us, fill out a form and i think give it and the money to the bridge. then since we keep alot of the stuff there (for this reason) i can most likely just take it home then.

In a few weeks im so buying my mom some bareEscentials!!

Comment

Quoth April View Post
          We gave MALL employee discounts. which meant if you worked in the mall, you got 10% off, the ONLY thing you had to have was your name tag, and sign your name in our book ( i dunno why you had to sign your name)
          I remember the first time I worked at the mall, not knowing about the discounts. Had lunch at a sit-down restaruant, got my bill and noticed the discount. Realized that when I sat down, I had placed my name tag on the table. Waitress must have seen it and automatically gave me the discount without mentioning it.

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
            Ever have someone who doesn't work for your company ask for the employee discount? It happens to me about once a month.
            Dear me, all the time! And they don't even *pretend* that they work for the company.

Random Idiot: Uhhuh..hey, can you, like, hook me up with an employee discount?

Me: Well, if you'd like to fill out an application and then wait several weeks to see if you get hired...well, then we can get talk.

or

Me: Hahahahahaha! Oh, you're too funny, sir/ma'am.

or

Me: *cheerily*....Has that ever actually worked?

Seriously, what is with these cretins? I don't know them socially, nor do I have any desire to whatsoever. What makes them think that I would actually be interested in 'helping them out'?
            Mike: I'm gonna tell my boss I'm Puma Man, maybe he'll let me off early.

- "Puma Man", MST3K.

Comment

Working...
            X