This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I scream, you scream...

... we all scream about stealing ice cream!

This woman gave her kid an ice cream while they were in the store. I really don't care as long as they have the wrapper and pay when they leave. I've never seen her before in my life...

Kid eats the ice cream then she grabs the kid and runs out the door.
    I run after her and demand payment.
    She gets in her car and starts driving- I'm still demanding payment. Not that I'm going to physically stop her or jump in front of her car for this. Still...

So, she pulls up and stops in front of the store and proceeds to yell at me that she just had to put her kid in the car and she was coming right back in.

The kid is maybe 3- she leaves the kid in the car alone and comes back inside.
    Her: "I TOLD that guy that I'd be right back! Didn't he tell you!?!"
    Me: "No."
    Her: "Why didn't you tell her?!"
    Him: "Frankly, I was busy and I didn't know what exactly was going on or that she had chased you down until just now."

She proceeds to rant about how she spends thousands of dollars in our store and how she just couldn't believe that a manager would chase her down over a $2.00 ice cream.

Then she got on her cel and called -someone- and told them about it.

She's lucky we aren't like Wal-Mart or she'd have been explaining herself to the police.

I don't care who the person thinks they are, how much money they claim to spend, whatever. If they take a .25 piece of gum without paying I WILL chase them down and I WILL demand payment. Period.

I imagine she'll try and complain to corporate.
    I also imagine I'll get a pat on the back for attempting to stop shoplifters.

To sum it up she's a Sucky Customer, a Sucky Parent and, as far as I'm concerned, a theif wannabe.

Congrats lady- you suck at life.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

I would have called the police. She should know better than to leave a store without paying no matter what the excuse.

Comment

Good for you. Did you get the $2.00?
      It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
      -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

You remind me of that scene(s) in a movie (for the life of me I can't remember the name) where this kid who delivers newspapers is chasing someone for the money he is owed.

I want my $2.00 dollars!
        I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Quoth marlovino View Post
          You remind me of that scene(s) in a movie (for the life of me I can't remember the name)
          Better off dead with John Cusak
          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I hope the kid remembers that when he grows up and feels ashamed.

My mom had a lady try to steal shoes once. She put them on her daughter, put the old ones in her purse and tried to walk out. Daugther was tugging on her arm "BUT MOOOOOOOOOM, WE DIDN'T PAY FOR THE SHOES!!!!"
            Needless to say she got caught.

It's wonderful that we are born with a natural sense of justice and honesty.

Then Sucky Parents teaches their children that temper tantrums and thieving is a good thing to do and keeps the economy running.

No, it just keeps the managers running.

After your car for a 2.00$ ice cream.
            Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

I remember that newspaper boy thing from That 70's Show.
              They were recreating Hitchcock movies in the Halloween episode, and Kelso got mistaken for Mr. Forman, so the paperboy eventually ran Kelso down with his radio-controlled airplane (Just like the crop duster scene) and stole his wallet.

Ahh, good times.
              "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                She proceeds to rant about how she spends thousands of dollars in our store and how she just couldn't believe that a manager would chase her down over a $2.00 ice cream.
                No kidding. I mean, it's not like people are expected to, you know, pay for stuff. That's ludicrous! She should report you to the BBB.

/sarcasm
                "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

I'm sorry.

She gets her kid an ice cream. Kid eats it. She grabs said child and runs out the door. She drives off.

Comes back and bitches about being chased over $2.

If it wasn't for the fact that the guy (a coworker of yours?) vouched for her, I'd think she was bulling you. I'd think she only came back to pay because she was afraid you got her plate info and called the cops.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I dunno, it's still fishy. She might have told the guy she'd come back in and pay, but was she really intending to? Why on earth would you take your 3 year old child out of the store and leave them alone in the car (in the summer) to go back in and pay for the ice cream? When it would make so much more sense, take less time, and not have to leave your child behind to just pay for it on the way out. And why run from the manager and get in her car? What was so damn important about getting the kid in the car right then and there? It just doesn't add up. I mean, even if it's just for a minute, if someone sees a child sitting in a car alone, they can call child protective services and have them taken away. Is that worth $2.00?
                    "You are loved" - Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth mariamousie1 View Post
                      Good for you. Did you get the $2.00?
                      Yep, we did and she rented a movie also.
                      For all I know maybe she does spend lots of money in my store. The point is I'd never seen her before. What makes people think that every employee should magically know them? I still think if it was Wal-Mart, Publix, whatever it wouldn't have mattered what she said to the cashier- LP would have turned her over to the police. Yes, I could have called them but I can almost guarantee they wouldn't have made it before she left.

I also know that there are some people who do precisely what she did to feed themselves- sans returning to pay.
                      "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                      HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
                        I remember that newspaper boy thing from That 70's Show.
                        They were recreating Hitchcock movies in the Halloween episode, and Kelso got mistaken for Mr. Forman, so the paperboy eventually ran Kelso down with his radio-controlled airplane (Just like the crop duster scene) and stole his wallet.

Ahh, good times.
                        That's what I was thinking of, too...I love that show!

Oh, yeah, and What Kara and Becky Said...
                        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I'm kind of suprised there aren't more people up in arms about the woman leaving her 3 year old in the car, in late June, in Florida.

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
                            I'm kind of suprised there aren't more people up in arms about the woman leaving her 3 year old in the car, in late June, in Florida.

You don't want to leave your kid in the car in December in Florida! I think last Christmas it was like 74 outside

Comment

Quoth AFpheonix View Post
                              I was going to say something about that but Kara beat me to it and I didn't want to be redundant...But yeah, that part pissed me off, and made no sense at all, either. Why on earth would you have to put your kid in the car and then come back in to pay for something? There is no reason to leave a kid alone in the car, regardless of the weather, I don't care if it's a 30-second errand, you take the kid with you!
                              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                              X