Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crystal man, medical professional and attempted come-on- long.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crystal man, medical professional and attempted come-on- long.

Crystal man:
    He seems relatively normal, and is looking at the ginseng with a lost expression on his face. Unfortunately I mistake that for 'confused' rather than 'a little bit crazy in a bad and uncomfortable way'

I don't remember the conversation exactly, but I do remember somehow we get from talking about ginseng to him talking at me about how he is a crystal healer (well, not so uncomfortable, as I know a few) and a little bit psychic (again, not so uncomfortable yet, as my family has leanings) So I respond with mild interest and basic knowledge. Hooo, boy was that the wrong thing to do. He starts with 'Now I'm not some kind of nutter', which is usually a bad sign. It just goes downhill from there.
    He starts talking about how he's had the 'magpies' poem stuck in hos head, and then he met this girl at a bank who has the same name and last name as his daughter he doesn't see any more, and how here number is 1234567! Like the magpie poem! (the poem actually going till about 12 or 13, but I'm trapped by now, rictus smile preventing my saying anything) and shows me the business card to prove it! Which has a mans name and a phone number that hasa lot of sevens on, but certainly isn't 1234567. Then he says he 'gets urges' sometimes and 'wants to give me a gift'. It's 'not a chat-up-line' though! ANd he gives me an astrology book.

Ok, so he's harmless and sort of sweet, but I seems to have a habit of getting strange men giving me gifts at work. And- hijacking my own thread here- it's really uncomfortable to turn them down, so I really resent the giving of them as it is impossible to turn them down whilst remaining professional and it's a really uncomfortable situation.
    And the book is fun and slightly accurate.

The last one gave me chocolate though. I'd have much preferred that.

Medical professional:
    Ok, I am on the vits aisle, when a man approaches me and asks for my help. Now to start with, he is big. Not just tall, but very wide and big in the stomach as well. He has his shirt undone the first two buttons and a disturbingly large mole right at my eye level. (I am not very tall) He wants advice on Saw Palmetto and other stuff that can help the prostate and I try and give him advice but he keeps interrupting me, and I finally manage to get it out that if he's on medication he should check with a medical professional. At which he barks out 'I am a medical professional! Which is why I'm TRYING to double check with you what these have in them!'

Well, they have full ingredients listings on the back, and I'm NOT ALLOWED to tell you if they are safe with medication. And if you didn't keep cutting in over what I was saying perhaps I could have helped.

attempted come-on:
    Serving on till, two men come up with some sports nutrition.
    Now, bare in mind I am smiling, it's nearly time to go home. Of course I'm smiling.

Me: Duh
    CG AND CG2: come on guy and his friend.
    Me: Do you need a bag with that?
    CG: Yuh.
    CG2: And a smile *moronic snigger*
    *thoughts- misguided attempt at being sweet and funny coming across a little tacky*
    Me: I think I can manage a smile- Nearly hometime! *meaning- friendly chatter*
    CG2: Is that a hint at me
    *thoughts: less clumsily endearing now. Now more creepy than tacky*
    Me: Heheh, no.
    CG: Come on, she's probably got a boyfriend
    CG2: You got a boyfriend, love?
    *thoughts: I am not your love, and what has this got to do with you?*
    Me:*still friendly. Bloody in-built politeness* Fiance, actually *tight smile*
    CG2: Oh yeeerrrr luv? Got a couple of boyfriends on the side too?
    *thoughts: Wasabi Thai Fillet?*
    Me: No.

Mercifully they were long gone before the end of my shift. God I hate it when people take polite, friendly communication as flirting. Newsflash, not every pretty young thing is flirting with you if they smile and have a brief, polite conversation. In a shop, they are being paid to do just that, and when on till they CAN'T GET AWAY FROM YOU.
    And besides, their general demeanour really set me on edge... can't explain how, but they just made me feel uncomfortable from the moment they came up to my till, and my colleague said afterwards she'd felt a little creepy around them too.
    Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Quoth GingerBiscuit View Post
    He starts talking about how he's had the 'magpies' poem stuck in hos head, and then he met this girl at a bank who has the same name and last name as his daughter he doesn't see any more, and how here number is 1234567! Like the magpie poem!
    Did you mean Magpies or Blackbirds?
    Because in Sing a song of sixpence (blackbird pie poem) the numbers are 4 and 20.
    Last edited by Ree; 07-04-2007, 04:10 AM.

Comment

nope. Magpies, though in some versions it's crows, ravens or even rooks.
      And it might be seven now I think about it.
      1 for sorrow
      2 for joy
      3 for a girl
      4 for a boy
      5 for silver
      6 for gold
      7 for a secret never to be told

although there are infinity different versions that's the basic one.
      Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Working...
      X