This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Won't You Answer My Email?!?

So, the other day I get in to work, and my boss is in a really foul mood. Something to do with the partners setting up to raise the rent some ridiculous amount.

She sits down and starts checking the incoming emails for the eBay sales we do, and she sees one that's from a gentleman who's upset that we haven't answered his previous two emails about his item.

She checks back and, lo and behold, she finds the first two emails.

She's just preparing to call our guy in the east coast warehouse to ask him about it when she notices the time stamps on the emails. The first was sent at just after 6am EST. The second one was sent 6 minutes later. The third 6 minutes after the second.

We're on the west coast.

That's right, this douche sent his third email, full of rantings about how we were ignoring him and that our customer service was terrible, and why were we ignoring him a mere 12 minutes after his original email, all around the time of 3am in our office.

Needless to say, he was the butt of many jokes that day.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Therein lies the problem with most of society these days...consumers want what they want when they want it - instant gratification...and they pitch fits when they can't get it...

Even if you were in the same time zone - waiting 12 minutes for a return email and then bitching about lack of customer service just SCREAMS "entitlement whore"!!!
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

>_< Why can't people understand that not everyone on the internet is right next to them IRL? It's a simple concept.
      "Because that's how magical meteoric size-altering space goo works." IMDB Message boards.

Comment

that's because it involves thinking and we all know that they stick to this mantra:

'thinking make head hurt. no think...'
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I wonder if he was getting e-mail and instant messaging mixed up. E-mail means that it may get ignored. At one of my old work places we had an auto response to our emails that said we had received it, and these are our hours of operations, and we might get back to you.
          "Wow, that has to be the best genital analogy EVER. "

Comment

People are stupid.

Where I work people consistently complain about the transit time on their orders. My company guarantees anywhere in the lower 48 within 5 business days. Yet we consistently receive complaints, stating that it takes 2-3 weeks to receive product. Every complaint I've investigated has turned out to be false. Somehow an order that was placed on Tuesday and delivered on the following Wednesday equates to 2-3 weeks of transit, because the Tuesday was in one week adn the Wednesday was in a second week, see? Two weeks.
            Just because a customer expects you to put some effort into your job, that does not make them an SC.

Comment

If I send an e-mail to a company I am happy if i get a non-automated response withing a day or two. I have been lucky to get a actual human response within 10 minutes whit one Co. I deal with.

Comment

We're not that large (hence the boss-lady handling the morning email for that department), so email tends to be answered fairly quickly because if it's not, everybody knows exactly who's doign the ignoring.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                X