This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn coupons again!

At least four separate customers today asked me if I would take two coupons from them.
    "Only if one's ours and one's a competitor's."
    "No, they're both yours."
    "Then no, I can't."

Someone immediately asked if she could split her transaction in two?
    "No. One coupon, per customer, per day. It says that right on the coupon."
    She decided to only get one of her items, and said to put the other one back, and she'd go to a store that'd let her use two coupons.
    "None of our stores SHOULD be allowing that. It's company policy not to."
    "I call murder on that!"

ah coupons, the bane of existance. My store has a REALLY stupid policy of printing of an offer for a coupon on the coupon tickets. Basically it just states when and what you can buy, and then if you do, you'll get a coupon for doing so. Of course people try to redeem the offers as coupons which say in big letters surrounded by a large blank space NOT A REDEEMABLE COUPON of course the managers always cave and run it through. It pisses me off because they do it on MY register so it goes on MY records in the database.
    We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

I had a lady the other day buy 4 items, each one with a competitor's coupon. And each one on a separate transaction. I did it, just to get her out of my hair. I knew arguing with her was going to do no good. Even though her items were all around $1 before the discount. I kept wanting to say, "Suck it up, buy them all in one swoop, and I can't take more than one coupon. Our competitor probably wouldn't let you do it there, now, would they?"
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
      X