This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But, he told me!!11!!!

I was working in the Women's dept today. We were on the slow/steady side so I was able to leave the cash register to grab a hand full of clothes from the dressing room and place them on the sorting rack near the register.

The dressing room is 10 feet away from the register
    I was gone long enough to grab a hand full of clothes, so literally 30-45 seconds.
    Oh and I am the only one working the floor in my dept at this time.

What do I see when I come back? A customer who was picking up my phone and trying to dial.

ME: I am going to go postal one day ~my thoughts
    SC: %#%&@&%*&*

ME: Can I help you, mam?

SC: *slams phone down* I thought no one was here.

ME: I am here, I just had to go empty the dressing room.
    ~I have no idea who she thought she was going to call. The phones do not call out. I think she was trying to page someone to the dept.
    ~Keep in mind I was only gone for 30-45 seconds and no one was in sight of the register when I left. So, she must have immediately walked up to the register and ran to the phone,

SC: I don't have my charge card. I called the credit number and they said that all I need was my ID and you could look it up and give me a temp card.

ME: I am sorry, he was mistaken. You can only get a temp card at the catalog desk.

SC: But he told me I could do it at any register.

ME: A manager has to do that. they have to enter a code to do so. I am not a manager and I do not know the code so I can't do it.

SC: So you are telling me that I can't use my card and get the additional 15% discount??

ME: You can, you just need to go to the catalog desk to get your temp card. You can even check out there.

SC: I WANT to get a temp card! The guy at credit said I could do it in ANY dept!!11!! *blink and stares at me*

~Oh honey, I INVENTED the blink and stare. That won't work with me.

ME: *blink and stare back*

SC: *Blink and stare*

ME: ~ain't gonna work

SC: Where is the catalog desk?

ME: Go straight to children's, turn right, pass shoes, go through mens, all the way down past the salon.

SC: Of course it is on the other side of the store.

I never did get to ask the catalog person how it went down on her end.

~Oh honey, I INVENTED the blink and stare. That won't work with me.
    Hehe...

Why do they think you'll suddenly be able to do something that you have informed them you CANNOT do if they stand there and stare at you long enough. If she had just gone to the right place when you first told her she'd have been halfway there by the time she finished arguing...
    I don't go in for ancient wisdom
    I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
    It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

The blink and stare worked with my daddy. Sometimes it works with my husband. Scary thing? The kid is learning it.

Comment

I've noticed that if you treat SC's like cops treat criminals, with complete silence after they lie/cheat/steal/threaten, they'll eventually hang themselves with their own stupidity.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
        X