Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The SC who wanted to take over the world...well mine anyway.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's just messed up. I bet she's been fired from any managerial job she's been in because she's too much of a control freak and thinks she knows everything. My sister in law is actually like that and has a hard time holding down a job because of her superiority complex. Me and my parents make bets and try to guess when she'll be looking for another job!

Comment

UPDATE: Well, she put in her application, along with a massive essay on why she should be hired. Also, on the section asking for any disabilities, she wrote:

"I have severe arthritus in both my knees. I do not consider this a disability, but you must be aware that I will require a 15 minute break once every hour."

I am lucky if I get a 15 minute break during a ten hour shift.

She is also 58 years old. Our current oldest member of staff is the manager, and he is 30. I'm not saying that to be ageist, but it shows that older people don't last very long due to how crazy it can get.

Comment

Any way you could scan her essay? I'd really like to know what not to write when I go to take over a business. ^_^
        Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post

"I have severe arthritus in both my knees. I do not consider this a disability, but you must be aware that I will require a 15 minute break once every hour."
          What ya wanna bet she would claim age discrimination if this didn't happen. I mean seriously a comment like this, even without the break request, is suicide at any restraunt job because the job pretty much demands long hours on your feet .

Comment

Her definition of "reasonable accomodation" is much different than mine
            "If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking." - George Patton

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Wow. Out of an 8 hr. shift that means she would only work 6 hours. Something tells me that won't work in a restaurant. Just a hunch.

Comment

I think she's the only person that wouldn't consider that a disability.

Quoth Sylvia727 View Post
                Her definition of "reasonable accomodation" is much different than mine
                You and everybody else who's not psycho.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Japanese Management

This reminds me of a great article about 'Women in Japanese Business' in Intercept Magazine that I read a few years ago about a management problem in Japan.

Until recently Japan has had a glass ceiling a mile thick stopping women from moving into upper management. However, times have been changing in Japan too. Women in Japan instead of trying beat the old guys at their rigged games have instead been starting up their own businesses. Many of them selling to other women what women *WANT* instead of what the old guys thought/wished women wanted.

So this woman's whose business (also staffed only with women) had grown to the point that she needed a business manager - she could only find a man to fill the position - a Japanese man. But soon after starting to work there he started bossing the women around, even those whose titles were equal to his. Many of the women did not how to say 'no' due to their upbringing. Over time he got more and more overbearing to the point he tried to tell the boss how to run the company.

At which point the boss-lady said, "I'm the boss, you're fired.", her final quote in the article was "The expression on his face was priceless.".

Comment

Working...
                  X