This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purchase Offer Inspires Confidence

The following is a direct quote (other than the parts I've blocked out) from a person who wants to purchase some land that our bank group foreclosed on over a year ago.

<Name> CEO, of <COMPANY> started investing in residential real estate in 2003 buying and selling short sales properties from bank like Chase,Wilshire Well Fargo just to name a few. My company has helped homeowner out of there situations on selling there foreclose & accessing bank on buying there properties. In 2009 my company ventured working with Commercial Land owner & developer on developing raw land in the Chicagoland area. We are now considering purchasing at 300k the <FORECLOSED> property to build Senior Living apartment.
    Just fills you with confidence, doesn't it? (Note: Based on the person's name, English appears to be his first language.) Additionally, the address listed in the purchase agreement is for a residential building registered to someone other than the "CEO." The phone number "CEO" gave is unlisted. I even looked up the company name on the Illinois Secretary of State website and found no matches. A Google search yields only a Facebook page created with zero content on it. According to the real estate agent, the "CEO" didn't want to give out any more information about the company unless his purchase offer was accepted. Given all this, I doubt the offer will be accepted.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Don't bet on the name being their (there? ) actual name.

We deal with a lot of foreign buyers who adopt "western" names so that people outside their region don't mangle their actual names.

But, yeah, that letter instills absolutely zero confidence that they are a legitimate offerer.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
    X