No announcement yet.

Random Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooh CBS are repeating the Love Boat... apparently it's a show from olden times...
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

• Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
      Ooh CBS are repeating the Love Boat... apparently it's a show from olden times...
      Love, exciting and new
      Come aboard, we're expecting you
      Love, life's sweetest reward
      Let it flow, it floats back to you
      The Love Boat soon will be making another run
      The Love Boat promises something for everyone
      Set a course for adventure
      Your mind on a new romance
      Love won't hurt anymore
      Its an open smile on a friendly shore
      Yes love...
      Its love...
      The Love Boat soon will be making another run
      The Love Boat promises something for everyone
      Set a course for adventure
      Your mind on a new romance
      Love won't hurt anymore
      Its an open smile on a friendly shore
      Its love...
      Its love...
      Its love...
      Its the Love Boat
      Its the Love Boat
      Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        Happy Birthday to you,
        Happy Birthday to you,
        Happy Birthday dear greek_jester,
        Happy Birthday to you.

And may you have many more.

Now to go convince Mrs. IA I have to eat a cake in your honor.
        Thank you!

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
        Husband told his parents what I said and they laughed (and agreed).

Yesterday I was talking to her on the phone and she ended the conversation, as usual, by saying that if we needed anything to call and she'd be there. In the background I heard my father-in-law yell, "...with a shovel!"
        I like your in-laws!
        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• Quoth mjr View Post
          Its love...
          Its the Love Boat
          Its the Love Boat
          Curse you South Park - I looked at that and all I could hear in my head was "The Catholic Boat" song...

Comment

• I just want to buy JEANS. Plain jeans. Why is it so damn difficult?
            "I am quite confident that I do exist."
            "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
              Watching a TV show with my husband about a woman who helps her son cover up a murder he committed, I comment that if he or his brother every killed someone, all they had to do was call their mom and she'd show up with a shovel and some quicklime (she's a sweet lady, but absolutely reptilianly cold-blooded in defense of her family). Husband told his parents what I said and they laughed (and agreed).

Yesterday I was talking to her on the phone and she ended the conversation, as usual, by saying that if we needed anything to call and she'd be there. In the background I heard my father-in-law yell, "...with a shovel!"
              Armatures you never bury a body, you feed bodies to hogs, hogs will eat bones and all. Heck you don't even have to transition the person(s).
              Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

• Quoth Tanasi View Post
                Armatures you never bury a body, you feed bodies to hogs, hogs will eat bones and all. Heck you don't even have to transition the person(s).
                Somebody has seen the movie snatch.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

• Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                  Somebody has seen the movie snatch.
                  Actually I knew that tidbit of knowledge long before that movie came about. It's amazing what one can learn in the Army.
                  Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

• This week my writing group gets to find out what happens to prisoners of war in the British Iron Age. They are going to love it.
                    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

• I have Spiderman socks! Having kid-sized feet comes in handy sometimes.
                      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

• So I had a freebie offer on a fast-food app of mine. There is no disclaimer or "minimum additional purchase required". So how in the hell did the store LOSE my order?

The offer expires tomorrow, so I used it on the way home from work today. I already had a drink, so just got the free entree. I got there before the stated ready time and...waited. People who came in after me got their stuff. Pulled up the order on my phone, it stated a $0 total but also had my item listed. 15 minutes later my name was never called. I went up to the counter and showed them what had happened and that I was due a grain bowl...response was shrugs. I had to reorder and pay for the replacement (and they put cilantro on it, which I dislike intensely).

Yes, I'll be sending feedback...I love the chain in general, but that particular location has screwed up my orders on more than one occasion.
                        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

• Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
                          I had to reorder and pay for the replacement (and they put cilantro on it, which I dislike intensely).

Yes, I'll be sending feedback...I love the chain in general, but that particular location has screwed up my orders on more than one occasion.
                          You shouldn't have had to pay for a replacement for an item that you had a free coupon for. I would definitely be looking for some form of reimbursement.

Comment

• Just looked up from the counter out the back kitchen window and saw a *huge* hummingbird for a few seconds => 8" top of head (w/o beak) to tailtip. Daily lows have been in the 30's... (0-5 in the rational scale)
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

• Someone here recently posted about trying to find jeans, and I have to second that. I just want plain jeans, not the terrifying skinny jeans, nothing fancy. I actually want DENIM (cotton) instead of some blend which is stretchy. I don't want the stretch because those jeans don't last for crap. They stretch out fast, and are generally thinner than real denim jeans. But the stretchy ones are "more comfortable" or at least that's what they tell me. Growing up I always had normal jeans, they lasted forever, and they were comfortable! Maybe because I buy my actual size, instead of trying to squeeze myself into a pair two sizes too small!
                              Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

• Went to the Space and Rocket Center today. The four of us just ran around pointing at things and yelling, "Wow!"

Also, there is no way to understand how big the Saturn V is until you are standing underneath it.
                                https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Working...
                                X