This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "They're drinking on the job!!"

This is completely unrelated to my job, but I overheard the conversation and had to share.

The company I'm at today is having maintenance done, and as part of this a crew is upstairs repainting some walls.

Someone who works in that area actually called the Facilities Manager at HOME (he's working from home today) to complain that the painters were drinking on the job, and that the smell of booze was so strong it could be smelled everywhere.

Um....no...no they aren't. That's the PAINT you are smelling. FM told them this, but the idiot insisted that they were drinking.

So the FM called in and had a guy go upstairs (the conversation was on speakerphone and I could hear it clearly). Sure enough, they were busily painting away, and the smell was PAINT.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Bet the caller is still drinking the fingerpaints. Some people never grow up.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

That idiot's head would have exploded if they'd come to the lab I worked at where they kept a bong in the color printer.

They could count themselves lucky if drinking was all that was going on back there in the labs.

Comment

I think said worker has sniffed/inhaled/snorted waaayyyy too many dry erase markers I am surprised they have not shrunk to leprecon (sp) size and gone to live in the walls (** Cookies for reference****)

I know that paint has never smelled like booze.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

When I was a bus driver we had letters of complaint about drivers drinking beer - beer! in brown bottles! - while driving.

They were drinking root bear.
          Women can do anything men can.
          But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
          Maxine

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post
            They were drinking root bear.
            What did the ranger say to Yogi?
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
            X