This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hard is it to show a receipt?

I had just started my shift as front end supervisor when this lady decided to play games with us. She is a regular customer that comes in about 3 times a week. I work in an area that has a lot of women that shop all day while their husbands are at work so I see many of the same customers all week long. I work at on off price retail store. The service desk is our main cashier and we also have some cashiers at the regular registers. We have one line for customers but if they have a return or exchange they need to wait for a free service desk person. I walk up front and there is not much to do yet so I decide to make the break schedule for the week. I see this lady in line and am surprised that she goes to the regular cashier when she calls for next in line because this lady ALWAYS has an exchange.

Me=
    SSC=same sucky customer I see every other day.
    RC=regular cashier

RC..Next in line with a purchase only.
    SSC..I was going to return some shoes but I changed my mind. I just want to purchase these items.

regular cashier rings up the purchase.

SSC..Can I have my shoes I was going to return?
    RC..Where are they?
    SSC..Over there!! (points to the service desk)
    RC..Do you have your receipt?
    SSC..What if I don't? What are you going to do about it? (said sarcastically)

cashier tells me what is going on and I tell her not to give them to her without a receipt. The shoes are on the counter and usually when somebody brings a return in and wants to exchange we give them a number and put the same number on the item. The lady walks over to me at the service desk.

SSC..I want my shoes!
    Me..Do you have a number?
    SSC..NO
    Me..Do you have a receipt?
    SSC..NO
    Me..Who checked in your shoes at the service desk?
    SSC..(points to a register at the service desk) HER!

The person at the service desk was on a break and the girl covering her said that she did not check in her shoes so I call the person on break she said that she did not check in anything yet today. I call the manager and she also said no. There was only one more person that could have checked in the shoes for her so I page this person to call the front and........................

SSC..Are you calling me a liar?! Those are my shoes!!!!
    Me..M'am I am not calling you a liar. I just got up here and I am trying to figure out who helped you.
    SSC..They are my shoes!!!!!!!!!

She then takes the receipt out of her pocket and throws it on the counter.

Me.. M'am if you had the receipt this entire time why didn't you just show it to me?
    SSC..Because I didn't want to!!!!
    Me..
    SSC..You need to have better control of your people. You need to know what is going on with them.
    Me..(looks at receipt and give her the shoes) Goodbye M'am.
    SSC..You need to have better control of your people and what they are doing. I make more money than you anyway!!!
    Me.. Excuse me M'am you don't know me and what does that have to do with anything?!
    SSC..Have better control of your people!!
    Me.. M'am you are in here every other day please go and visit one of our other stores I am sure they would love to have you.
    SSC..I make more money than you anyway.
    Me..(pointing to door) Goodbye.

Turns out that nobody checked in her shoes. She put them on the counter herself without telling anybody

Quoth JLG View Post
    SSC..What if I don't? What are you going to do about it?
    Not allow you to take the shoes back.
    "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
    ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

Well, duh. You got no proof, and no one remembers you checking them (cause no one did). Maybe this your first step to a long & not-so-illustrious criminal career, just because you've been honest to this point (as far we know), doesn't mean you weren't pulling a fast one this time.
      I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Can somebody just give these people a bullet and suggest they go home and use it?

Oops, wasn't suppose to say that.

Well guess what, I make more money than you. Hehe Haha.

I get paid in Monopoly money, but what the heck I can say I make more money than anybody.
        SC Motto "I am more important than you and others and don't you ever forget it"

Comment

Quoth JLG View Post
          Turns out that nobody checked in her shoes. She put them on the counter herself without telling anybody
          Or maybe her shoes were at home, damaged through her own actions, so she put an identical pair from the shelf on the counter herself, then proceeded with the rest of her shopping trip.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

She had the receipt, but didn't want to show it to you. Was mad when you were trying to varify owner ship of the shoes; even though if she had given you the receipt in the first place their would be no allegations at all to her ownership of the shoes.

Logic...stupidity...brain death X.X
            "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

[QUOTE=JLG;297767]
              SSC..I make more money than you anyway.
              QUOTE]

Me: Really? Oh, wait. Now I remember how you would know that. The last time you came in here, I showed you my most recent paycheck stub and you showed me yours!

You know, if this is the case, I would ban this whore from shopping at your store again. Also, how does she know people like you and others aren't working there as an extra source of income, let alone an extra place to work because you want to? You could be making more than her.

Comment

Working...
              X