This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Pezzle View Post
    Operator said "We are Dispatchers you have to respect us or you don't get the cops."
    Man I would have liked to smack the operator. Not wanting to go above and beyond for someone who is being out and out rude, but still doing what's needed is one thing. No service isn't right. And it doesn't even sound like he was being rude anyway.
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Born in England

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
      obviously the guy had a black voice... like my callers who think that I have a gay voice (ok, I admit that on some of my calls I do take advantage of that).
      When I was younger my British accent was very strong, I had more than one person express surprise (this was in the 1970's) when they meet me for the first time to discover that I was Black.

Likewise Abe a friend of my youngest brother, was Lily White but had one of the strongest Jamaican accents around, the same would happen to him all the time.

Comment

Quoth weirdboy_1 View Post
        Where do you work? And are they hiring?

Seriously though, it's great that they give you that leeway, I would love to work for somewhere that let's us do that. Our current motto is "Rule 1: The customers is always right. Rule 2: If the customer is ever wrong, reread rule 1." Ugh.

My motto is pretty simple: The customer is always wrong and it is your job to tell them why.
        SC Motto "I am more important than you and others and don't you ever forget it"

Comment

Quoth Pezzle View Post
          Lol
          My boyfriend was once rude to a police dispatch operator, sorry. The police in this area don't take local animal calls seriously.
          Don't worry too much; If you got a Police Dispatcher who doesn't at least try and take you mildly seriously, the people they work with probably don't like them either.
          Around here, we have a seperate agency for such morons to go work. *cough*
          "I'm working for popcorn - what I get paid doesn't rise to the level of peanuts." -Courtesy of Darkwish

...Beware the voice without a face...

Comment

Quoth Rubystars View Post
            I hate how they always pull out the race card at the slightest provocation.
            No kidding! Either that, or the disabled card.
            "500 bucks, that's almost a million!"
            ~Curly from the 3 Stooges

Comment

See, all of these "cards" fall under the umbrella heading of the "entitlement" card.

If one entitlement card doesn't work, they'll just go through the list for every one that's applicable, and sometimes a few that aren't.

It's just that some entitlement cards are more reprehensible than others because they actually reflect poorly on the rest of whatever group the EW is claiming to come from.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth StevieJD View Post
                My motto is pretty simple: The customer is always wrong and it is your job to tell them why.
                I just try to find a polite way to do so, so I can't possibly get in any trouble. It's incredibly satisfying.
                "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Entitlement cards are issued in 53 card decks. Standard 52 reasons plus the "I am special" Joker.
                  SC Motto "I am more important than you and others and don't you ever forget it"

Comment

Working...
                  X