This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post

I have to book a hotel room soon...perhaps we'll chat...
    (And I always make sure to have credit card, paper, and writing implement handy before I call.)
    i worship the only prepared person on the planet

oh, and if you call an IHG brand (holiday inn, holiday inn express, crowne plaza, candlewood suites, staybridge suites, hotel indigo, or intercontinental hotels) in san diego, minneapolis, detroit, or new york and ask for reservations there is a good chance you will be connected with me (or one of my coworkers at least)
    if you get Tom, Rhodan, or HC they're really good too, if you call atlanta, san fran, san jose, or toronto you have a chance of getting my roommate, carrie, though in that market breanne is pretty good, if you are calling seatle, denver, pheonix, san antonio, or boston hope for either ken or kyle... we have other markets but I don't know anyone in those markets well enough to recommend.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
      oh, and if you call an IHG brand (holiday inn, holiday inn express, crowne plaza, candlewood suites, staybridge suites, hotel indigo, or intercontinental hotels) in san diego, minneapolis, detroit, or new york and ask for reservations there is a good chance you will be connected with me
      and if America West, US Airways, Air Canada or Continental strands you in Phoenix, Las Vegas, Houston, Seattle, Vancouver, Toronto, Newark, Halifax or Honolulu at 3am, you will possibly be connected to me to find a hotel room.

People only talk to me when things go wrong. I am the hallmark of misery.

Comment

oh, and if you call an IHG brand (holiday inn, holiday inn express, crowne plaza, candlewood suites, staybridge suites, hotel indigo, or intercontinental hotels) in san diego, minneapolis, detroit, or new york and ask for reservations there is a good chance you will be connected with me (or one of my coworkers at least)
        Hey, it's remotely possible that I've spoken to you! Although I sincerely doubt it. *shrug*

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
        Hey, anyone that wants to talk to you can just take a number from a carpark and then call it at 3am. They do this with enough carparks and with enough tries, they'll eventually reach you!

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

and if America West, US Airways, Air Canada or Continental strands you in Phoenix, Las Vegas, Houston, Seattle, Vancouver, Toronto, Newark, Halifax or Honolulu at 3am, you will possibly be connected to me to find a hotel room.
          not to thread jack, but for newark airport, do you ever book at the Holiday Inn Newark Airport? If so, and you've had to call the hotel it is likely I've talked to you and been very irritated because of it (distressed passenger calls are supposed to be routed to the manager on duty, not reservations... there's nothing I can do and now the operator has wasted both my time and the callers)

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          Hey, it's remotely possible that I've spoken to you! Although I sincerely doubt it. *shrug*

^-.-^
          did you get a guy with an obviously masculine name that everyone seems to think sounds like a woman (i wish I was making that up )

maybe I should answer the phone "thank you for calling the (insert name of hotel) reservation desk, this is smileyeagle speaking, are you a member of CS.com and if so what is your user name?"
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I want that on a T-shirt now. "Gerbils are a gateway rodent."
            Cafe Press, here I come...when I have some disposable income again.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I'm considering that phrase when I get time to work on Cafepress for this site.

Rapscallion

Comment

i worship the only prepared person on the planet
                Wow, I am a goddess for having a pen! (And I just bought a 5-pack yesterday!) Will you build me a temple made of notepads and Papermates? (Heck, I'll even donate some notepads for the construction - help me clean out my desk .)Oh, and it's a Wyndham in Southern New Jersey.

Don't worry, GK, as much as I would love to call and talk to you, I only live an hour and a half or so drive from the hotel, and will most likely be hitching a ride with my parents to save the gas and tolls . (It's for my cousin's wedding.)
                Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 03-30-2008, 05:29 PM.
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

did you get a guy with an obviously masculine name that everyone seems to think sounds like a woman (i wish I was making that up )
                  Honestly, I wouldn't even begin to know. See, when I call up a place to book a reservation, the only things I pay attention to are availability, prices, and the confirmation number. After a day, I wouldn't even remember the gender of the agent I spoke to, much less what they sounded like.

But I would remember if they were nice or not. *shrug*

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

No mention of the $600 mp3 sunglasses this week?

I can't help it, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.
                    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                      Have had the screen flicker off? Ghosts through walls? Attacking plants? Sanity's Requiem calls to you!
                      FTW! I lurve Eternal Darkness...it's one of the only games I've spent more than 5 consecutive hours playing - and I did that consistently during finals week, JR year of college.

/OT

No licking of rodents. Though I too want the t-shirt, plz.
                      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Why?... Are hats really that critical to society up there? It’s all you guys order. Hats and pants. ... Does Nunavut have some sort of caste system that’s determined entirely by the size and value of your hat? How exactly do you calculate your worth in society based on the hat anyhow? Are extra points given for certain colours or patterns?
                        Maybe they take this book
                        http://tinyurl.com/2lzblm
                        a little too seriously? Attention Nunavut: He's not a role model or someone you want to emulate! It is only a story. Maybe you should take heed.

Comment

Working...
                        X