Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Avoided a potentially sucky circumstance.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avoided a potentially sucky circumstance.

Ok, at my job (bowling alley), we do NOT do refunds. We even have a sign saying so.

The only time we MIGHT do one is under VERY extenuating circumstances, and even then we usually only give them free-coupons.

For instance, we had one guy get a refund today because he was INJURED. He had a badly pulled muscle that he thought had healed. Well, when he went to bowl he ended up aggravating his injury. Not badly, but enough to where he -physically- could not bowl.

Well, right after I got confirmation from the manager over the phone, I handed him the money back. ($7)

What sucky about this? Because not 5 seconds after I did this, another man comes up and asks if he can have a refund because his wife bought too many games. (She bought 6 instead of 4). I told him "sorry we don't do refunds", and immediately started hoping that he didn't just see me hand money to the other guy.

Lucky they didn't and ended up just walking away with a pissy attitude.

Oh and what's the difference between 6 games and 4? Well, Sunday mornings we do $0.99 games. So, the difference is only about $2.
    (this was also why the other guys amount was so low, he got refunded for 7 games)
    <Insert clever signature here>

Impressive! Most impressive!

I'm always amazed by people who raise hell over amounts of money that even a half-broke college student like myself would be able to ignore. At least the guy had the decency to not press the issue, not that he would have gotten anywhere if he had.
    Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
    --Unknown

Comment

Petty money customers...... I have one who complains about the price of fountain drink refills. Our cards say .79 for small and 1.09 for large. We have this one jerk who comes in with two big thermos-sized cups. I think they are 64 oz., but I'm not sure. It looks like a large refill to me. He whines about paying $1.09 plus tax for it every time. It's about like paying for a 16 oz. coffee, and it's a hell of a lot more soda. I just flat out told him the other day that I wish he would follow through on his "threat" to go elsewhere so I wouldn't have to listen to the whining.
      The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
        Oh and what's the difference between 6 games and 4? Well, Sunday mornings we do $0.99 games. So, the difference is only about $2.
        (this was also why the other guys amount was so low, he got refunded for 7 games)
        I wish your bowling alley was nearby.. the local one here tends to never go under about $4.50 a game, despite special offers and the like. I can always only afford 2 games when I'm out bowling purely because of how much it adds up (Many peak times its as much as $8 a Game!) with the drinks and food and that as well.
        Not many petty money customers for me, purely because we don't sell much where its a difference of less then a couple of dollars. The main thing I tend to get annoyed at is when people come in when they've bought stuff from a few months ago of value under about $5 and refund it cause they never ended up using it and found the receipt for it. If they're good natured about it, I'll do it (because its a couple of coins out of our register, and its not like we can do a credit voucher or that).. if they're annoying about it, I'll say no. and to read the bottom of their reciept.
        - Boochan

Comment

Quoth Boochan View Post
          I wish your bowling alley was nearby.. the local one here tends to never go under about $4.50 a game, despite special offers and the like. I can always only afford 2 games when I'm out bowling purely because of how much it adds up (Many peak times its as much as $8 a Game!) with the drinks and food and that as well.
          Actually, we don't sell individual games except on Sundays or to League members.

Usually it's by the hour for $12 during the day, $15 on Weeknights, or $20 on Fri and Sat night.

Then you have to rent shoes.
          <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Oooooh, that reminds me. I have to go bowling when it's $1 a game (before 5 pm). If I'm feeling better tomorrow maybe I'll do it.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
            X