X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth texasbelle5 View Post
    Just an observation about "old geezers"

You will find that as you age, your definition of "old geezer" changes a bit. You see, I marked 50 years on this planet last Oct. That makes me dangerously close to "old geezerdom"

And I sit here and think "how in the hell did this happen?" I was a barefoot kid when the Monkees sang "We're a new generation, and we've got something to say"

I was a not even a teen when I first heard "American Woman" by the Guess Who, adn I was 19/20 when I went disco dancing to Saturday Night Fever music.

So how in the name of all that's holy did I wake up 50?

Now as to all those crabby old farts who demand their damn discounts? A pox on them. There will always be obnoxious and old people.

But these people were obnoxious, entitled and rude before they got old. Just remember that. You don't wake up one day, say "wow I am 50, 55, 60, whatever, now I can be rude as hell, cause I am old"
    I am of the same age group and I say the same thing HOW IN THE HELL did I get this OLD????? I just find the young'in really lazy and entitled these days. no one I deal with 20 years younger than me seems to know what real work is anymore. all they want is "the world owes me a livin'"
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

"misleading" in SC-speak is "anything that does not allow me to get regular price crap for cheap or free, for no apparent reason."
      "What size can I get you, ma'am?"
      "Red."
      "Okay...I'll check the red for you, but what size do you need?"
      "RED!"
      "..."

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
        Ah, the etymology of the term "fag" to mean a slur for "homosexual."
        Hmm. You DID know that the wooden instrument called bassoon in English is called Faggot in other languages, like French or German or Swedish, didn't you?
        A man can be stupid and not know it, but not if he is married.

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
          .....if THAT rhymes with "egg" then I need to figure out who the hell's messed up my ability to pronounce words (I get the sneaking suspicion that it's my father).
          That totally threw me too. Maybe it's different in different areas? Maybe?

Comment

I have somehow made it (almost) to old geezerdom, myself. When I was a teenager, because of my lifestyle choices, I was sure I would not make it to 24, but if I somehow did, then I'd make it to 40, but no further. I've had almost 8 more years than I ever expected, and with luck, I'll get a bunch more! woohoo!
            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
              Call me selfish, I'm hoping you DO work that day. I WANT THE STORIES!

I have a theory about why you get such serious cases of entitlement whorism in the geezers ... because years and years of spineless managers giving into their demands have reinforced the behavior.

Lamentably, your wish was management's command. I work 8:15-4:45 on Wednesday (Senior Citizens Day)

I'm sure there will be plenty of grumbling.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
              X