Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to nearly burn down a building 3 times... in 2 days.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to nearly burn down a building 3 times... in 2 days.

Ok, this is both an SC story, and a funny co-worker story, but they're related.

I've only worked at the bowling alley for TWO days. On my first day one customers nearly burned the place down with a birthday cake.

Birthday cakes have candles... not a big deal, this is allowed... however, these are suppose to be BIRTHDAY candles... not ROMAN candles!

This guy reached into a bag, pulled out two roman candles, shoved them into the cake and lit them... while inside the building.

We were so stunned we didn't know what to do but laugh, and wonder if he'd set the sprinklers off.

Eventually he got the idea that the cake was bellowing fire and smoke and ran outside with it.

On my second day, a coworker almost burned the place down... We found a lighter behind the desk and he lit the corner of this post-it note we had up. These things don't burn well, so it went out almost immediately, but there was still a little ember on it. One of the girls who works there decided to put it out with her finger...

CW: *Touches burning ember with finger*
    CW: "OW, that's hot!"
    US: "Ya think!?"

About an hour later, he still has the lighter and decided to take the disinfectant and spray a fireball (Same trick you can do with hair-spray). There was a group of co-workers watching, and just as he did it a little kid (maybe 8 years old) ran behind the group (not close to them, just passing by)... the look on the kids face we he saw a plume of fire launching out of the spray can was priceless.
    <Insert clever signature here>

I've seen people mock up flame throwers using some plastic pipe, some kind of aerosol spray and a zippo type lighter, truely terrifying.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
      I've seen people mock up flame throwers using some plastic pipe, some kind of aerosol spray and a zippo type lighter, truely terrifying.
      This next statement is going to push me over into the crazy yard for some of you folks:
      I actually have a surplus US Army flame thrower. Why do I have it? I collect military arms and this just happened to be available, for a good price when I had some cash I was willing to let go. No I don't have any naplam and no I don't know to make it but the receipe is on the internet. Once I got the thing, all the associated manuals, and a friend that was an actual Army flame thrower instructor I that learned the thing is incrediably simple, to make a home-made one is also simple and using certain childrens toys makes it even easier. Not many practical applications for a flame thrower in today's society but it makes for a great coversation starter when someone finds out you have one. My friend the instructor marched in a Veteran's Day parade with it (minus the fuel).
      Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
        I actually have a surplus US Army flame thrower.
        Green with envy I am, I am.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Tanasi are you in the USA? If so did you have to register your flame thrower as a destructive device?

Comment

Actual (WWII) flamethrowers are to zippo+spray like an atom bomb is to a firecracker... those things whether simple where incredibly devastating... and I've always wanted to see one in action in front of me (in a bald terrain, don't get me wrong).

Edit:
            Btw mr. Tanasi (たなし?) be prepared, from now on when we need to flame a SC in the forum we'll ask you to lend us the flamethrower :P
            I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
              Not many practical applications for a flame thrower in today's society
              Pfft, says you! I've got a whole load of good uses for that!
              Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
                I actually have a surplus US Army flame thrower

I am sooooo jealous.

I sure could use one of those. There is this car that travels through my neighborhood with the boom-boom going very well. I would love to walk up to car with a flame thrower and ask the dude to turn boom-boom down.
                SC Motto "I am more important than you and others and don't you ever forget it"

Comment

Quoth Acolyte View Post
                  Pfft, says you! I've got a whole load of good uses for that!
                  So says the dude with the demo guy from TF2 as an avatar.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                    Even just aerosol spray and a lighter alone are scary as hell. I've seen my SO do it with the aerosol Right Guard spray.
                    I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                    Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                    Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Stupid people are, in fact attracted to playing with fire. It's called Natural Selection. It's Nature's way of dealing with SC's.

Unfortunately, as Natural Selection tends to produce a rather random and indiscriminate area effect, we don't usually let it play out if we can help it.
                      Check out my webcomic!

Comment

but but but... its only natural selection if you dont account for all possibler contengicies - its almost physically impossible for the stuff to combust in the can - so long as you aren't under a tree its fine out - make sure its rained recently. - tada nearly foolproff idea - make sure you keep the nozzle facing away from you

Comment

Quoth Cyphr View Post
                          but but but... its only natural selection if you dont account for all possibler contengicies - its almost physically impossible for the stuff to combust in the can - so long as you aren't under a tree its fine out - make sure its rained recently. - tada nearly foolproff idea - make sure you keep the nozzle facing away from you
                          Yes, but stupid people don't account for all possible contingencies. They light fireworks and then squat over them in a game of chicken to see who lasts the longest before dodging the inevitable fireball to the genitals. Stupid people decide to set up the barbecue under a low-hanging awning, and because charcoal takes so long to light up, they dump two bottles of lighter fluid on it and toss in a match. Stupid People make scented candle by filling a bowl full of alcohol-based perfume, then dropping a lit candle into the middle of it.

Stupid People do things like THIS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-X4KU...eature=related
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCT8Z...eature=related
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYPid...eature=related

I rest my case.
                          Last edited by Polenicus; 03-18-2008, 03:33 AM.
                          Check out my webcomic!

Comment

Quoth Tanasi View Post
                            This next statement is going to push me over into the crazy yard for some of you folks:
                            I actually have a surplus US Army flame thrower. Why do I have it? I collect military arms and this just happened to be available, for a good price when I had some cash I was willing to let go. .
                            Hy Tanasi you need to get with my husband! Hes in the army and one day while bored they figured out how to make cs gas with their MRE's. Between that and the air riffles him and his brothers cleard out the back yard last thanksgiving. He says that you and your flame thrower would be a welcomed addition.

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
                              Birthday cakes have candles... not a big deal, this is allowed... however, these are suppose to be BIRTHDAY candles... not ROMAN candles!
                              Who the puts roman candles on a birthday cake???

Quoth Bliss View Post
                              Btw mr. Tanasi (たなし?) be prepared, from now on when we need to flame a SC in the forum we'll ask you to lend us the flamethrower :P
                              You mean like this one?
                              Sometimes life is altered.
                              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                              Uneasy with confrontation.
                              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                              X