• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
    Me: And what drink would you like?
    Customer: Salad.
    Me:

Haha that almost made me cry. Those customers make it worth having strange days
    Broadcasting to you live from the nerve center of my brain..... szzzt *we are currently experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by*

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
      You've never met a chav have you?
      I'm fairly certain we have chavs around here. Only they have different accents.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Hello Kitty View Post
        I was watching some show that featured two experts, and was wondering why the one Indian lady with the British accent sounded so much smarter than the other foreign guy. Thinking it over, I realized that while growing up, the only British people I heard were on PBS - Masterpiece Theater dramas, David Attenborough, Jane Goodall, and the like. No wonder I (and probably most other Americans) think upper class British accents sound so smart! 'Course, Bertie Wooster doesn't count.
        And this is probably why we Yanks think it's soooo funny when we hear British people use profanity. It's just FUNNIER when someone with a British accent does it.

Oh, yeah, and we have Chavs over here, we just have much ruder words for them.

Comment

Ok. Now I REALLY have to look like a dumb hick and ask what a CHAV is.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Are chavs the equivalents of teenage hooligans/wannabe gangstas? I've heard rude terms for them in America, namely "white trash".

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
              oh you think you have it bad... I live in a state where the only exposure we've gotten on TV has been "Big Love"... people think you are a redneck hick and they think I have multiple wives...
              And here, we've got bootleggers and Mayberry . . . can we call an even trade?
              Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

:

I dont know why I think this is so funny! But I laughed so hard I almost peed myself. Does anyone know what rule that is that I just almost broke?

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                  A bogan/wigger from the UK.

Comment

Ouch. I was just gonna say that "white trash" was the polite term.

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
                      A bogan/wigger from the UK.
                      Picturing THAT with a British accent is just KILLING me.
                      "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

You mean you don't? Damn!

(ducks and runs away)
                        i can't even find one woman
                        how am I supposed to find multiple
                        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

http://www.answers.com/chav
                          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                          My LiveJournal
                          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

SC: There! £1.49! Glass of chardonnay! Told you!
                            Me: Oh my God...ma'am...that is not my bar...
                            SC: It says £1.49!
                            Me: Yes it does! But it is not us! It's not even the same building as us!
                            SC: Well that's misleading.
                            Me: OK, I'm going now.
                            SC: Fine! I'll drink in here then!
                            To which I would be sorely tempted to reply: "Well, ma'am, I'm afraid we can't serve you at either price. You're obviously so drunk, I have to cut you off now."

A chav comes up to the bar. He looks about 14.
                            I know this is regional slang, but I'm curious. What the heck is a chav?

The perfect solution: blender.

Comment

We do have something similar to chavs. We call them wannabes.
                              I'm sorry, the person to whom you were speaking has been replaced by a recording. Please leave your message at the sound of the beep.

Comment

Quoth TryNotToBeThatOne View Post
                                We do have something similar to chavs. We call them wannabes.
                                Now just close your eyes and picture THAT, with a British accent. Every time I do, I giggle uncontrollably.

Comment

Working...
                                X