X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
    Hey, you were in my town! Did you wave?

^-.-^
    Probably -- but not in the nice way given some of the people I had to deal with

Comment

Like I said, I can understand the desire to not give that information out. That's fine.

But lying to the cashier does nothing to stop it. And lying just to make it go faster is it's very own slippery slope.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I agree. For me, lying does not convey an unwillingness to cooperate. Saying "no, sorry." Does.

Plus, lying feels a little passive-aggressive for my tastes. I'm way too proud to lie. Lying feels like I don't have the guts to simply be honest and refuse.

Comment

Quoth StevieJD View Post
          Hmmmm, take a quess. I am picking up two bags of food orders to go. Maybe I am local?
          You don't have to drive very far to be in another zip code. I've picked up "to go" orders from places that were in the next town many times.

I'm another one who agrees that the stores should not be asking for this info, for the simple fact that I just want to go in, get what I want, pay for it, and leave. I don't want to give out extraneous info. I don't want to sign up for any stupid rewards card. I just want to pay for my stuff and go home.

Don't get me wrong -- if they ask for a zip code, I'll give it out. It's not like they can telemarket me with that. But I do draw the line at my phone number.
          Sometimes life is altered.
          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
          Uneasy with confrontation.
          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

One time I had to ask a foreign person for their zip code here in the USA and they looked at me quizzically and said "Zeep coat?" Ugh...
            Last edited by Rubystars; 03-31-2008, 05:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X