This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop with the email alerts!

So, last year I mysteriously stopped receiving email alerts. A few days after starting that thread, the issue magically resolved itself.

Now I have the exact opposite problem: I don't want to receive any email alerts, but the system is still sending them out to me daily (at least, which was my old selection). I switched to weekly alerts... no dice. I changed back to no alerts at all... and yet I just now received 32 emails.

Any suggestions? This is quickly getting annoying, because my phone can only display so many messages at one time... and also because I don't want to see these alerts! (I'd rather not unsubscribe from the threads, but my only other option would be to block all emails from this site.)
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
    OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
    she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
    Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

We're looking into it.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Thanks for the update. I suspect it's a vBulletin bug of some sort. Or perhaps my saved settings file got corrupted or something. (Yeah, I know, not helpful. )
      Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd

Comment

You can stop looking. It's not a vBulletin bug, it's a Deserted bug. It looks like changing the options in the User CP only affects future subscriptions, not threads I'm already subscribed to.

To make the email alerts go away, it's done from Subscribed Threads, either one at a time or in bulk.

Thanks for whatever effort has already been put toward this.
        Last edited by Deserted; 07-19-2016, 09:23 AM. Reason: thanks

Comment

No worries We honestly could find anything wrong beyond what you mentioned. I'm glad you were able to figure it out! ^_^
          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
          X