Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you think *you* have received dirty money....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you think *you* have received dirty money....

....wait until you hear this. I just popped into the gas station for coffee and didn't even have a dollar on me. The friendly young man at the counter said that he doesn't carry cash either and I remarked that it's dirty anyway. He informed me he once received a bill covered in

butter.
    Yes, someone was carrying butter in a pocket and it melted on their cash.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Quoth Food Lady View Post
    Yes, someone was carrying butter in a pocket and it melted on their cash.
    Well, that's a unique reason for letting your money slip through your fingers.
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

*groans and runs away*
      A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
        Well, that's a unique reason for letting your money slip through your fingers.
        Trying to churn up trouble I see.
        You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

Looks at messy bill,

I can't believe it's not butter.

Did he have corn on the cob in the other pocket. Most people use a piece of bread.
          AkaiKitsune
          Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

To be fair, he may have snagged a butter packet for a breakfast bagel or something and stuck it in his pocket for "just a minute" while heading to the car or something; and then forgotten it until much later. I know I used to do that with ketchup packets and similar; though I don't think any actually popped on me thankfully.

Comment

Probably bribe money. Someone greased his palms.
              "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Working...
              X