This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rude crude food, dude!

Juuuust a bit NSFW for terminology, but otherwise cool.

Signs of the Time with some...interesting...grocery signboards.
    Last edited by EricKei; 03-27-2018, 03:01 PM.
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

*snerk*

At my store, we see "ASS" (assorted) on shelf tags and even product cases with some regularity. The case markings give some context, but the shelf tags do not. Even "ASST" would be better; the tag data is sent from Corporate, so you'd think they could figure it out (we have some shelf tags that make no sense, and multiple similar items that have the same tag descriptor so if you're doing a price run and have tags for 3 or 4 of said products all with different SKUs...no idea which goes where).

Best (worst?) one I saw today was "ASS CREME" (assorted creme something).

At my old store, the price tag for the big bowl of deli egg salad said "ASK EGG SALAD" (no idea what ASK stands for). So at the start of every shift, we'd ask it something (usually along the lines of "am I gonna get all the crazies tonight?"), and the deli manager would "channel" the salad's answer. I was waiting for one of the deli guys to hide a small speaker under the bowl...
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

One of my favorites was from an overpriced "boutique" indie grocery where I used to work -- There were multiple times where an item was advertised as being a "Special," but not actually discounted in any way. After a while, I got frustrated with these (I usually just passed customer inquiries off to the managers) and asked about it. The reply? "Oh, it's on special; it's just not on sale."

Not sorry that I left that place behind long ago.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
      X