X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane Irma

To our members in Florida...

Be SAFE! Get out while you can.

Atlanta Motors Speedway has announced that they will be taking in campers, both RV & tent. They are equipped to handle thousands of people.
    http://www.ajc.com/weather/atlanta-m...HfJHT8enc8hCP/

I have made offers to a number of people, so I am not sure I can take in any more. Just the same, I'll help as much as I can.
    Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
    Save the Ales!
    Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Yes, please do for anyone in Irma's path [wherever it'll land/go!]. I'm not in Florida [SC, actually] but with the path that it could take, I'm not taking any chances. As soon as I get off of work on Friday, I'm getting out of Dodge.
    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Comment

I'm very concerned. I've got great friends, who I care about a lot, in any of the projected paths of this storm. I'm worried to say the least, and several thousand miles from them.
      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

I have family in Tampa.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I hope Jester will be ok.
          Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Quoth Talon View Post
            I hope Jester will be ok.
            Ditto. Although I wouldn't mind a few of his SC's getting swept away!

Of course, knowing that SC's are nigh-invulnerable, there'd be Floridian SC's winding up all around the globe like those rubber ducks!
            Note to self: Hot glass looks like Cold glass.

Comment

We know Jester... lots of water around,he'll add some rum to it...
              He'll just be kicking back in a deckchair downing a selection of cocktails whilst Irma wreaks havoc all around...
              The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Jester has evacuated from Key West and is in St. Petersburg, at the moment. He will decide tomorrow if he goes elsewhere, or stays there.
                "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Shame it isn't the Russian one or he could have collected some interesting vodkas on the way.
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Just an update:

Based on the latest with this storm, Jester is going to leave St. Petersburg, and ride out the storm in New Orleans.

Fuck Irma. It's going to hit Key West hard. I just hope that everyone who wanted to get out, has, and those who have chosen to stay, are safe.

Comment

I'm glad Jester's ok. I don't know how he's gonna get there. Roads are clogged.

Comment

It sounds like he doesn't expect to get there till tomorrow. I checked, and under optimal conditions, it's a 9+ hour drive. Hopefully the situation gets better as he hits the panhandle, and people branch off.

EDIT:

Here's a live cam from Key West.
                        http://video.foxnews.com/v/556975504...#sp=show-clips
                        Last edited by Victory Sabre; 09-09-2017, 08:56 PM.

Comment

OK, you all know I'm totally, totally kidding about this--because I'm on the verge of tears all the time and need comic relief--but I'm gonna consider this payback for all the times he teased us up here in the north during snowstorms!

Seriously, though, I'm just glad he's out of the keys. It is moving northwest and they are now saying go east but it might suddenly go east so who the heck knows what people are supposed to do?!?!

My aunt is in a facility so she has people around but Uncle lives alone, I think--hard to keep up with him--and my mom just texted that he's having to work today and too busy to get his blood pressure meds which he needs because hurricane stress.

Oh, and Jack T. Chance has aunt/uncle who live in Miami and last he heard they weren't evacuating. Maybe they changed their minds.

Going out to pray outside later if anyone has any requests I can include for loved ones in FL or just whatever you need it for. Just PM, me I guess. Always glad to intercede for friends.

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
                            Just an update:

Based on the latest with this storm, Jester is going to leave St. Petersburg, and ride out the storm in New Orleans.
                            That's not a bad place to ride out a storm, assuming it isn't headed there.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

That's the thing: we just have no idea what it's gonna do. But yeah, I can picture him in N.O. He could hang with EricKei.

Comment

Working...
                              X