This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't like having weekends off.

I really don't. I miss having a random Tuesday off. Why? Because then I can get my shopping done in less time. Going to Malwart today to get five items that I absolutely needed was like an odyssey: cars parked diagonally right in the middle of the walkway, people speeding through the parking lot, people not even on their phones but still not paying attention to where they were going, one dude who suddenly did a pivot turn and went the other direction, and so on. I understand having to stop and pause because you need to remember what you need. I do that all the time but I stand off to the side out of everyone's way. I practically try to melt into the wall. It wouldn't have made a difference if I had gone shopping yesterday which I actually did. I went to my regular grocery store and it was the same thing. I wish stores around here would deliver but I live in a one-horse town.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

I completely agree! I loved having my days off on weekdays. My town gets crazy busy on the weekends, our neighbors to the north come down to shop, adding to chaos. But everyone shops like they're preparing for a zombie sharknado blizzard, I'm not blaming everything on being a border town. I had to go to Costco this weekend and it was honestly worse than the day before Christmas. If I stopped walking for one second to grab something from the shelf, I was somehow in like three other people's way. And I'm not a slow shopper, not a browser.

What I've started doing is getting up early and doing my grocery shopping at about 7 AM on Saturday. Target also opens early (7 AM) so I will go there early, too. If I need something during the week I do in store pickup. If I forget something at the big grocery store, I run into the co-op on the way home from work. More expensive, but worth it for one or two things. I really miss having like Wednesday or Thursday off.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I need to start getting up early on Saturdays and every other day for that matter.
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

To avoid all the chaos that is Walmart, I use the grocery pickup option. Shop online at my leisure, set a time and then pick it up. I don't even have to get out of my car.

I get less exercise this way, but I get a whole lot more peace of mind.

Comment

Our Walmart doesn't bring groceries to the car, you'd have to go in. I don't like that place anyway. But the grocery store does curbside. I don't buy enough at a time to justify it, except sometimes when it's super busy then it's worth it.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

My grocery store is like a ghost town about an hour and a half before close on Saturday nights. It's my favorite time to go
            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Both Kroger and Wal-Mart have curb side pickup that works well for us. Publix and Food City have delivery through Insta-Cart. There's also a few independent folks that offer shopping/delivery service. I'm not able to walk through a store to shop by myself and around here those motorized carts are always broken or discharged so I use curb-side most of the time. Now my wife and youngest daughter do the wander around shopping or if we need something quick I send in my youngest son.
              With Amazon having bought Whole Food I'm surprised they don't have curb-side and/or delivery. A Kroger kid told me they'll soon have delivery for select parts of our county.
              Bow down before me for I am ROOT

Preserving precious bodily fluids sine 1952

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                I need to start getting up early on Saturdays and every other day for that matter.
                I'm an early bird, even on weekends. I hate shopping on weekends for all of the reasons mentioned. During the holiday season down here, the crowds and rudeness are enough to drive the Christmas Spirit out of Santa Claus himself!

But when I worked weekends and could shop on Wednesday, it was lovely. I could get to the stores, the post office, anywhere I wanted, and there were few crowds and rudeness.

Now, if only every store opened at 6am like Mal of Wart does. I could live with that. I hate having to wait HOURS for the stupid stores to open at 9 or 10am. Argh!

Comment

I used to love working a swing shift, getting off at 10PM, biking over to Wally World, wandering the empty aisles... then getting caught up in the 1 or 2 open registers actually open at that hour. Sadly, the self checkouts require a human to stand watch over them, so get shut down before I got to run through.

Comment

Working...
                  X