This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Brew is not a Latte.

Minor fail/suck at Mermaid Coffee this afternoon.

My go-to drink is a cold brew coffee with cold foam. Venti. Properly made, it has maybe a half-inch of foam and doesn't change color much if at all. What I got was a grande "latte" (cold brew with extra-extra cream) after most of the cream had un-foamed, and the foam left on top is almost meringue (blended too long). I didn't see how much cream had been poured into the blender until it was too late; this was a mobile order while racing home so I didn't have time to argue. It's still drinkable, but I had to brew a strong iced coffee here at home and add some (doesn't that defeat the purpose...?)

I've been noticing sometimes that if I use stars to get a free drink via mobile ordering, something gets messed up. Doesn't matter what store I go to. I really wish their site still had the comments forum...
    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Incidents like this might be why their site DOESN'T have a comments forum any more ...

I'm wondering if you got some poor schmuck who just started the job and asked for help with your order and ... got somebody who either wasn't listening or didn't know either.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Comment

And yet every store has a Twitter account. Just saying.
      Don't waste time trying to convince someone that the sky is blue.

Comment

I did tweet about this, but didn't actually get a reply. We were chatting with a manager at a not-usual store one day (a bit out of my way, but we were in the car going that way anyway and mom wanted to try this awesomeness) and we all agreed that the cold foam is pretty tricky to get right and not well suited to juggling along with 5 other orders simultaneously...foam to meringue in a blender is a matter of seconds and you need to "know" what the right texture looks like.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
        X