This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on This Model?

No, no pictures of Kate Upton here. Sorry about that.

But I'm considering buying an "almost never used" Lenoxo Flex 3, a hybrid laptop/tablet, for $275, as I've hated my laptop since the day I bought it, and it's not nearly as good know as it was then, and my iPad is getting slower and slooowwer and sslloowweerr and ssslllooowwweeerrr, and sometime in the near future, I'm gonna need something to both work and play on that is not just my phone.

I'm not a gamer (the Family Guy mobile app game is my latest thing, and that and Angry Birds are as high tech as I get in that department). What I'll need it for is to produce documents, research stuff online, store pictures, store documents, type up recipes, possibly even Skype with some people and watch some videos.

So, for my more techy friends, would this be a good purchase or not? Online reviews seem to be quite favorable.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Afraid I'm not familiar with that model, but the brand is solid, both of my computers are from them. I prefer new, and there are are bargains out there. I run a very cheap ($150 new) Lenovo laptop for example. Very low powereed, but that's easily solved by kicking Windows to the curb and running Linux (just switched to Arch Linux and loving it). My good computer, the desktop, is an i3 ThinkCentre that ran just short of $400 new. Just don't buy the $39 Netbook (https://youtu.be/-ofQV33q0Bo)
    Seph
    Taur10
    "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

its not a bad model. my concern with it is that it is no longer sold on the manufacturer website, so it may be classified as obsolete. this could make getting parts/warranty work difficult. you can get the next gen version for not much more than the used one you are looking at.

FWIW, it WILL do all the things you mentioned in your requirements.
      This is a drama-free zone; violators will be slapped. -Irving Patrick Freleigh
      my blog:http://steeledragon.wordpress.com/

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        No, no pictures of Kate Upton here.
        Major thread-jack: My wife introduced her parents to each other...
        “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
        One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
        The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Working...
        X