This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Deserted View Post
    It just happened again, this time to a different URL for the same site... and when I came here to report it, it happened again! I realize this is a Google Ads problem, and I've reported the complete list of URLs that I could find to them.
    Trying to find this one now to disable it.

As for the zoom ad, tigger, can you give me the URL on the ad?
    Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

Saw another ad this morning and yesterday.

By MyFilestore
      Last edited by werewolffan98; 11-23-2016, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Quoth werewolffan98 View Post
        Saw another ad this morning and yesterday.

By MyFilestore
        I was getting the same redirect when I tried to open the site
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

This has taken a bit of a turn.

I use a slightly-older version of the Opera browser for my internettin' (mostly). It has a "feature" where URLs can be blacklisted by Opera (the company) for various reasons, typically malware.

Guess what site appeared on my blacklist today for "fraud" and "distributing malware"? :/
          Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
          OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
          she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
          Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

O_O

I hope you're gonna say MFS, but somehow I doubt it.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I was sharing a link with a friend who got hit with a pop-up that said "Your computer has six viruses".

Here is the thread I was sharing: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...d.php?t=116331
              "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

Not sure if this is a specific ad or ad server BUT

Malwarebytes kept alerting me about this site and IP address while (and only while ) I was here on CS.

a(.)rfihub(.)com Please note the ()'s are not part of the URL I put those there so I could post the URL the IP address is 198 8 70 212 This site and IP are classified as adware/malware

Not sure if this is from your ad server or something came in from another site before I came here.
                I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
                  I was sharing a link with a friend who got hit with a pop-up that said "Your computer has six viruses".

Here is the thread I was sharing: http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...d.php?t=116331
                  The pop-up is disturbing if it was triggered by an ad served from here. All ads on here are served via Google from their servers; this site simply streams the data from them when the page loads. Google generally does a really solid job of ensuring that ads served on their networks are clean and safe, but unfortunately people that create these things are also always trying to find ways around the barriers to them being pests.

The content of the pop-up is almost certainly 100% bogus - it's just click-bait to try to get the person viewing it to panic and click through on the ad, which then likely tries to get them to buy something or install something. Shady tactics at best, and as I come across things like them I try to block them.
                  Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                    Not sure if this is a specific ad or ad server BUT

Malwarebytes kept alerting me about this site and IP address while (and only while ) I was here on CS.

a(.)rfihub(.)com Please note the ()'s are not part of the URL I put those there so I could post the URL the IP address is 198 8 70 212 This site and IP are classified as adware/malware

Not sure if this is from your ad server or something came in from another site before I came here.

I've searched the history of everything served from here and did not find anything from a.rfihub.com, but there was a single ad unit from p.rfihub.com; I've blocked it.

Hopefully that will be the end of them.
                    Veni, Vidi, Velcro

Comment

Getting constant opiate recovery and subxone advertisements

Comment

Advertising manager probably just misunderstood our gripes about co-workers, managers, and customers. After all, dealing with dopes at work COULD be interpreted as "having a dope problem".
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Just letting you know where an add I cant tell u what it is and im on a work computer so a ss is not possible its white and like teal with a letter in a circle I think that is cut off so u can not see the full add not sure if its on my end or your end.

Comment

If you can get a screenshot and PM that to PPE, that would help a lot (CTRL-PrtScr, then open Paint.exe and hit Paste/CTRL-V and save the result as an image file). Thanks!
                            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Empty (Promises?) Ads

Like raw 1989, I've seen these. Also on my Ubuntu/Firefox rig a black background with a red arrow upper right and a rotating red ring of death centered.
                              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

If anyone gets an autoplay video ad that keeps grabbing focus away from the cursor, say something here. PPE and I have been trying to track it down, but it doesn't load for either of us so he can't find out who it is.

There's a red triangular logo in the upper right of the ad, but we've had no luck figuring out what company it is.
                                "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Working...
                                X