X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Irresponsible) Father of the Year

Wow...just...wow....

A short time ago, one of my guys came back from the loading dock and reported that there were two little kids in the truck yard!

I grabbed the radio and headed out there. Sure enough, there were two children who had somehow gotten on the outside of the barbed wire fence between the truck yard/receiving docks, the swamp, and the freaking INTERSTATE.

Um, yeah......this was all kinds of unsafe, as the dock area was extremely busy, plus it was unsanitary because they were playing around a swamp and in a pile of garbage.

I keyed up the radio and called security. The supervisor came over in the patrol car and the receiving foreman also went out there. Quite understandably, they were pissed. This was a lawsuit waiting to happen.

As it turned out, they were the kids of one of the truck drivers currently parked in the dock having his truck unloaded! And he just LET THEM get out and start playing!!

Not only that, but he gave the foreman a hard time for calling him out on it, complaining that "there's a LOT of things we can't do here!"

Oh yes, because I'm sure other companies have no problem with kids running amok on their loading docks!

People are so stupid!!!
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
    This was a lawsuit waiting to happen.
    No kidding, if the kids were injured or killed, daddy would not be shy about suing. Not that there would be a lot to file under WAIT!!! YOU ADMIT THAT!?
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
      "there's a LOT of things we can't do here!"
      "Yeah! And YOU'RE one of the reasons why!"
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I followed up with security and the foreman about this. The driver has been banned from the property for this highly irresponsible behavior. I also found out that when the foreman confronted him and demanded to know if they were his kids, the guy said "DO they LOOK like me???"

The foreman said he wished he'd said "No, they look like the fuckin' milkman!!"
        "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
          "DO they LOOK like me???"
          "No, honestly, they don't look nearly as stupid as you."
          Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, you speak with the Fraud department. -- CrazedClerkthe2nd
          OW! Rolled my eyes too hard, saw my brain. -- Seanette
          she seems to top me in crazy, and I'm enough crazy for my family. -- Cooper
          Yes, I am evil. What's your point? -- Jester

Comment

Quoth Deserted View Post
            "No, honestly, they don't look nearly as stupid as you."
            "But they act it, hence my query."
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?

Comment

I wouldn't have bothered with security. I'd have called the freakin cops. Let's see Mr. Father of the Year mouth off to the man who can haul his ass in for reckless endangerment, the man who can inspect his vehicle and write up every single infraction. Hell, I'd PAY to see it.

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
                I wouldn't have bothered with security. I'd have called the freakin cops. Let's see Mr. Father of the Year mouth off to the man who can haul his ass in for reckless endangerment, the man who can inspect his vehicle and write up every single infraction. Hell, I'd PAY to see it.
                and child protective services for good measure.

Who is John Galt?

Comment

I see your point, but security would had to have been involved either way, so I let them do their jobs.

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

OK, but it sure feels good to imagine calling CPS.

Maybe we can work the giant pneumatic clown cannon into the scenario, too?
                    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged.
                    One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world.
                    The other, of course, involves orcs." -- John Rogers

Comment

Still, there's going to be some issues with the driver's home office (unless he's a complete independent owner/operator with no contracts)
                      A driver who can't go to certain locations puts a pinch in logistics. Having to juggle schedules to have drivers meet to swap loads so a driver who CAN go to a location can run the load in... Nah, it's just far easier to replace the idiot driver who pissed off the client.

Comment

Working...
                      X