Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our shop floor is not your feeding bowl....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our shop floor is not your feeding bowl....

I missed this one but have the word of two unimpeachable witnesses for it. Apparently a customer entered our store and proceeded to munch her biscuits as she went round. When it was pointed out to her she was leavimg a trail of crumbly bits all round the store she said 'Well perhaps I LIKE eating them off the floor'... and did so. On all fours.Around the store.....
    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Well, that's just weird.

But I really don't understand why people pack a picnic everywhere they go. When I was a kid we were made to finish our drinks before going into a store. Now I end up vacuuming goldfish cracker crumbs out of the bookstore carpet every single night. Do we really have to constantly be eating everywhere? I tell my kids they can eat when they get home. If they're lucky I might have a box raisins in my bag they can eat in the car. But I don't have a four-course meal in my purse like everyone else seems to have.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
      Do we really have to constantly be eating everywhere? I tell my kids they can eat when they get home. If they're lucky I might have a box raisins in my bag they can eat in the car. But I don't have a four-course meal in my purse like everyone else seems to have.
      I used to wonder this all the time at the fabric store. At some point parents decided that their kids need to be constantly snacking otherwise they're going to die. It's not just the kids, either. I watched a lady eat cheez-its, and immediately touch many bolts of fabric. Hand on food then hand on stuff other people are going to buy. This is why we pre-wash, people.
      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

It's the same reason why people will shell out three times the ticket price for popcorn, soda, nachos and hot dogs when the go to the movie...if they're sitting down, they HAVE to eat, even if they're not hungry.

I see LOTS of movies, and I can count on the fingers of one finger how often I've had popcorn and soda in the last 25 years, and that was only because one certain recent movie offered them for free with a ticket purchase on opening weekend. I ended up having to run out to the restroom for a pee an hour into a 100-minute movie and reminded myself why I always wait until AFTER a movie to get something to eat.

Comment

From what I've seen, most people give their kids snacks while they're shopping to shut the kids up. Unfortunately it almost always seems to be sugary snacks or other junk food. Their kids, their rules, I guess, but at the very least they could keep an eye on them so they don't make a huge mess in the store.
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
            From what I've seen, most people give their kids snacks while they're shopping to shut the kids up. Unfortunately it almost always seems to be sugary snacks or other junk food.
            Yeah, but if they give their kids fruit, I have to go around cleaning all of the peels, rinds, seeds and pits left in their wake.

Comment

When we were young, the high point of going grocery shopping was getting a little box of animal crackers with the handle so we could carry them. We weren't allowed to eat any of them until we got home, however. There are some supermarkets that have free fruit available for kids, but to me that's counterproductive for the reasons Monterey Jack up there cites.

Comment

Quoth Sparklyturtle View Post
                There are some supermarkets that have free fruit available for kids, but to me that's counterproductive for the reasons Monterey Jack up there cites.
                My store does, and I've lost count of the number of banana peels and clementine rinds I've fished out of carriages. Bonus suck for how they attract bees this time of year if they get out into the lot.

Comment

Quoth Sparklyturtle View Post
                  When we were young, the high point of going grocery shopping was getting a little box of animal crackers with the handle so we could carry them.
                  Enjoy your box of animal crackers.Do not eat if seal is broken 😊 Thank you I'll be here all week.Enjoy the swordfish....
                  The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Kit-Ginevra View Post
                    When it was pointed out to her she was leaving a trail of crumbly bits all round the store she said 'Well perhaps I LIKE eating them off the floor'... and did so. On all fours. Around the store.....
                    On the bright side, she did clean up after herself, unlike so many others.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Being hypoglycemic means I have to carry something with me at all times, just in case, but I can count on one hand the number of times I've ever eaten in a store (read: never). I usually try to hold out till I'm done shopping then nosh in the car as long as I'm not shaking too hard.

Comment

Back when I used to go shopping straight after work I'd sometimes get woozy part-way around and have to go grab a Twix off of the sweets counters near the tills. I'd make sure I handed over the empty packet to be scanned and pay for once I was done, though.
                        "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

For hypoglycemia, most every pharmacy will have glucose tablets. 4 grams of sugar and a little flavoring. Generally, there will be a pocket/purse size tube with 10 tablets, and a larger bottle for refills available. I've usually seen the small tube sell for about a buck, with the bottle being cheaper for the volume, but awfully hard to put in a pocket.
                          Pop a couple of those tablets and sit a moment, and the problem is usually handled.

Comment

Working...
                          X