This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Peeve: Bosses Credit Cards

In this day and age, with Identity Theft a HUGE issue, these are the reasons I find this annoying.

#1) Person hands me an ID with John Doe on it, but a CC with Tom Smith on it. It is a liability to accept this, because, obviously, the cardholder is NOT PRESENT.

#2) If you are going to hand the driver your CC, why not just give him $500 cash, and make him bring you receipts documenting its use?

#3) If you are going to get a "<Company> Credit Card" why not get it in the <Company>'s Name? I have seen these before, and reduces the liability involved because its the <Company Name> in the Name section. I understand if you are a small operation, that this might not be possible, but then you can do number 2 on my list.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

(Not bosses, but the principle's the same...)

1) That's why there's so many ancient, frail, about-to-fall-down people shopping these days. The usual alternative is for them to give their CC to their friend/relative and have him/her do it. Except... it isn't the friend's card!

2) And presumably the frail shopper can't withdraw money from it for some reason, to give to the friend. (Probably just end up keeling over at the bank instead.)

Bosses, on the other hand, have no excuses except the pointiness of their hair.
    Why do they make Superglue but not Batglue?

Comment

To top that off, don't get pissy when we make you fill out a 3rd party credit card application for your employee. Yes, you need to fill one out each time you send an employee here. If you don't like it, apply for a direct bill account.

And another note to bosses... this time of year, make sure we actually have a room for your employee when you send them into town! Nothing like an employee thinking the boss made a res when they didn't, and the whole town is sold out...
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
        To top that off, don't get pissy when we make you fill out a 3rd party credit card application for your employee. Yes, you need to fill one out each time you send an employee here. If you don't like it, apply for a direct bill account.
        And get pissy with the travel agent when you call, throwing a fit because your boss (or whoever) didn't fill out the CC auth form. Yeah, I can really do something about that at 10pm on a Saturday night when you're standing at the hotel counter shrieking like a banshee.
        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
          And another note to bosses... this time of year, make sure we actually have a room for your employee when you send them into town! Nothing like an employee thinking the boss made a res when they didn't, and the whole town is sold out...
          Oh wow, that is super sucky I'd feel so bad for the employee, having a boss like that
          Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
          What's the difference?
          We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Working...
          X