This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youtube and Kickstarter

Sort of a series of questions so please be patient with me. Ok.. as soon as my webcam arrives, I am going to be joining Youtube. Two channels, one to start out with.. and a boardgame/video game playthrough channel later. The first channel is going to be a current events discussion, trying to be as fair and balanced as possible. The question regarding this is, what topics would people be most interested in? If you personally were going to watch youtube, what would you like covered? I have several ideas, don't get me wrong, but I would like some advise for topics that would interest more people then just me

Second, as I gain subscribers I would like to start a boardgame/video game walkthrough channel.. one which I would be talking about a possible kickstarter on. I am not a social media person though.. so I need an idea about how to go about opening up the topic. As it is an idea about a boardgame. When I brought up the idea on facebook I got little response, so I am hoping somebody has some advice to give on this. Any suggestions would be welcome about youtube and kickstarter.. what you have liked, what you dislike, etc.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

I have no experience with YouTube except for watching videos (mostly gaming stuff) so take this advice for what that's worth. A lot of the people I watch use Patreon to fund their channels as a steady income for upgrades to what they do. My understanding is that Kickstarter is for a project and once that's done the money goes with it. Again I don't make any kinds of videos but this is just kinda what I've seen.

Good luck with it!
    I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

*nods* The kickstarter is for a project I have in mind. My gaming channel (when it happens) will announce the kickstarter..when I get all my ducks in a row for the project.
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Right now I shy away from American politics just because everyone is talking about it all the time, so unless you have something unique or insightful to say about it I honestly wouldn't be all that interested. International news and scientific discoveries get my attention the most these days.

I love board game playthroughs because a lot of times the written instructions make everything sound complicated but when you actually play it turns out to be pretty simple, so when you get that going I'll definitely be interested. My kid loves video game playthroughs as well.

I haven't been on Google+ as much but when I was, about 80% of my friends on there were game designers (due to my involvement in a now-defunct website). Check out of the gaming groups on there, maybe you'll have more luck finding people to help you out there with the new game idea.
        https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Working...
        X