This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Text Messages From The Past

The Manager at one of our Stores told me this one; I really couldn't believe it.

We'd been told that there was an argument/dispute/fight at this Manager's cell phone Store by some do-gooder. Well, we got there and no, not a thing was happening. I asked the Manager when he wasn't busy why someone would have said there was a problem

Weeeelllll...... He'd had a really difficult Customer, and he'd had to be stern and a little loud with her.

Difficult as in CRAZY.

She wanted him to fix her phone. It turns out, 2-years ago she'd had a phone with a different company. However, she was convinced that she was now receiving text messages from the PAST. Yes, somehow she was convinced that she was now receiving texts that she'd sent 2-years ago on her old phone on her new phone that she now has with the Manager's company. (He was halfway convinced that a time vortex was going to open-up at his counter and that this lady's self from the past was going to pop-out. How did the phone she hasn't had for 2-years know her new phone number is what I wanna know!) She was convinced that the old texts were saved in the battery and wanted him to get the texts to stop. He finally got her to go away.

Yes she was receiving texts, but from perfectly normal, in-this-time-period-people. He asked her why she didn't just write them back or call. She said she didn't know them, so they MUST be from the past.

Ah yes, and this same lady has been in before complaining about bugs in her phone. INVISIBLE bugs.
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Oooo-kaay...
    Friends help you move. Rare friends help you move bodies.

Comment

I don't know this number. Must be me from the past.
      Childrenofthenight.Thecomicseries.com/comics/latest

Check out my comic. I write, my friend Red draws. Comments welcome. Leave them on their, or on my profile here.

Comment

<da>Software bugs are invisible, their actions not... </da>

But I don't think this was the case here... Probably a case of blood-pressure related thing when you see dots that aren't there, I think everybody knows what I mean...

Comment

Well the texts probably identified her by name, so they weren't spam. But she didn't know who they were from, so she assumed it wasn't from her current contact list. Thus she deduced they were somehow stored in the battery and the phone was pulling up old info. Kinda makes sense if you piece out her logic....kinda.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

wow. now i've had some delayed messages... like a voice mail that didn't come in until a day too late (one of my supervisors was pissed at me for it... until it finally came in and i showed it it wasn't my fault)....

but... that only happened once. i sure as hell never had anything from previous years.

the evil in me would be tempted to tell her that her cell phone was a TARDIS and that it was bigger on the inside, and that River Song must be sending her messages throughout time.

Comment

Text messages from the past? That's a new one. Seems that the recipient is further proof that crack does *not* smoke itself
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

maybe they were friends with her other personality?
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                  maybe they were friends with her other personality?
                  ROFL!!!!!!!!!

I like that one....
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
                  Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

I'd have pointed out that if she didnt know them, they must be from the future.
                    Something kind of sad about the way that things have come to be.
                    Desensitized to everything, what became of subtlety?

Comment

How could she even remember what texts she received two years ago??

Funny...I received a couple of texts from a number I didn't recognize. I thought it was a wrong number & ignored (it was just a kind of general hi, how are you) but when I got a second one I texted back "who are you". Turns out it was a friend of the family texting from a cell # I wasn't familiar with.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth terakhan View Post
                        I'd have pointed out that if she didnt know them, they must be from the future.
                        Dude... don't feed the crazy, it'll infect you before you realize it.
                        What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                        X