X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Disgusting!

I finally have a sighting!

My friend and I were in a nail salon - she getting her nails done, me keeping her company. Behind us was a woman getting a pedicure. I was curious, so was occasionally watching the nail .. technician (is that right?) and how she worked. She was thorough, doing what seemed to me to be a good job.

The time came to do the colour. Rude Woman (RW) the pedicure client, suddenly started announcing to the whole salon "Look at this! This won't do at all! It's DISGUSTING! It has too much silver in it, I wanted pink! This doesn't match that at all!"

I turned back to take a look. Pink nail polish with white 'french manicure' tips. Looked fine to me. Oh, a stronger pink than I'd personally choose, but different people wear different things!

She kept complaining the whole time the poor technician was getting the 'awful' colour off and replacing the base coat. When we left, she'd stopped complaining - but the colour she was replacing the 'awful' colour with was almost exactly the same. Sheesh.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

"Look at me! I'm sooo important! I can abuse random people while they're hiding my talons and attempting to make me look human!"
    That poor nail tech, she probably has to deal with people like that every day.
    Don't tempt pixies, it never ends well.

Avatar created by the lovely Eisa.

Comment

People like her are the reason I chose not to seek a career in the field of beauty.

You can listen and do your absolute best to make someone look good, and they'll find anything to complain about and have the gall to abuse you over because it wasn't exactly what they wanted.

And just for a bonus snack, people like her need to save some time and money and migranes (on both ends) and buy those handy dandy at-home mani/pedi kits and DO IT THEMSELVES. There is even nail art that is practically impossible to fark up.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

she's wasting her money; someone with that deep to the bone ugliness can't be helped.
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Once a year, I give myself a french manicure with press ons you can buy at the drugstore. If you buy good quality ones and take the time to do a good job, they are indistinguishable from salon nails.

I go to the husband's company formal all prissied up. Then I come home and scrape them off again, usually before I go to bed. They freaking start to ache after a couple hours.

I play guitar, I can't be having that nonsense on my fingers. And can't you get fungus from them? I'd be afraid of that on my toes.

It takes a special kind of bitch to berate someone working on your feet. That just seems extra nasty behavior to me.
          Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 02-12-2011, 03:56 AM.

Comment

This reminds me of the Hair Cuttery the other day when I was getting my son a haircut. Not as rude as this woman, but the time wasted like in this story is similar. Old bag wanted her hair dyed red, the tomato red most of the nasty senior citizens from the upper New England states have. This hairstylist spent at least one to two hours dying this woman's hair. Old bag hated it and had the poor hairstylist do it again. Now, it's thirty minutes before closing time, on a Sunday night, and this hairstylist most likely had to stay very late to finish this.

In your story, I'll bet that lady got a free nail job. Probably planned it all before setting foot in the salon, too.

Comment

We didn't stay long enough to find out, alas.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

I love getting pedicures. I guess I'm a little confused as to why she hates the color because at every place I've gone to, I've been the one to pick the color out.

Although now, I've started to bring my own polish with me.

Comment

Quoth hawkchick11 View Post
                  I love getting pedicures. I guess I'm a little confused as to why she hates the color because at every place I've gone to, I've been the one to pick the color out.
                  She did pick the colour out! She just didn't like it, apparently.

Comment

Working...
                  X