This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dao of Sub Suck is Everywhere!

There've been a couple of threads recently about a certain sub sanwich shop.

Saw a sucky customer in my local shop today at lunch. My local shop gets really busy at lunch time with the community college just up the road. I got there just after the usual rush, but it was still pretty busy. Guy ahead of me is trying to pay for his sub . . . card declined. He finally finds a card that works, mumbling, "That card has money on it." Yeah, right, buddy.

So he says to the cashier, "Mind if I take one of the regular cups for my water?" Note: he did not buy chips and a drink meal, just the sub. The cashier mouths something back to him that looked like "No" to me. I'm not sure why she just didn't come out and say it. He grabs a regular soda cup and heads over towards the drink fountain.

I'm right behind him in line, pay for my sub, and head to the drink fountain myself. I note that his cup has a rather dark fluid in it.

Me: Just water, huh?

Guy glares at me and very quickly leaves the store.

Jerk.
    They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

I think that's why you have to pay for "just water"...

Comment

That's what they started doing in the in-house McDonalds at my job. Too many creatures would ask for free water, and then get sodas or coffee.

God, were people mad when they took the water nozzle away.

What angered me was when they doubled the price of the sodas. Left me able to afford my caffine intake to fight constant tiredness only half as much as I used to before.
      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

I'd be annoyed with them taking the water nozzle away, unless they were just as happy to fill my water behind the counter.

Mind you, I can drink a lot of water.
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
          That's what they started doing in the in-house McDonalds at my job. Too many creatures would ask for free water, and then get sodas or coffee.
          A Cici's here locally had a sign over the fountain drinks telling people if they had a clear cup to only get water and they if they got a soda or a sprite they would be charged. I always found it interesting they added sprite specifically.. I guess they had a lot of people think Sprite looked enough like water that they could get away with it.

Comment

we had that issue for a few weeks when i worked at the big green apron of doom; these two brats would come in and ask for water cups, then proceed over to our condiments area to fill their cups up with milk. after awhile, i was able to convince our manager not to give these two kids anything...but as per big green apron policy (stupidity), it took me awhile to convince him that they weren't drinking the water, but throwing it away to scam free milk.
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I see people do that all the time, most restaurants around here give you a small clear plastic cup for water and people fill it up with Sprite.
              http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

Yes, they fill water up from their sink, behind the counter, when someone orders it now. And they charge for it. Lucky for me, I can't stand water's taste. Yuck!
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                  we had that issue for a few weeks when i worked at the big green apron of doom; these two brats would come in and ask for water cups, then proceed over to our condiments area to fill their cups up with milk. after awhile, i was able to convince our manager not to give these two kids anything...but as per big green apron policy (stupidity), it took me awhile to convince him that they weren't drinking the water, but throwing it away to scam free milk.
                  In a twisted sort of way, it's nice to see them scamming for milk.... Sad if they don't get any at home.
                  It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

maybe that was the issue, but somehow i have my doubts...most of the kids came around and pestered us for freebies, water and anything else they could get their bored little hands on.
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                    X